Chapter 39

Avery's pov

After a very late night with Matt last night, we managed to still make it to the doctor on time.

We've been sitting in the wait room for over thirty minuets and I'm so tired. Matt is hoping to get his cast off today so he can be 'more adventurous' like he said.

"Matthew Espinosa?" The nurse called from the doorway into the doctors room.

Matt and I both stood up and made our way to the room where the doctor would see Matt. We waited for about ten minuets in there until he finally came. He showed Matt his ex rays again and did some things.

He took off his cast and looked over his foot. I waited patiently for him to say we could go or something.

Finally Matt was let out without a cast and happy as could be. We made our way to the car and Matt wanted to drive this time.

I was tired and ready to take a nap. We went to Matt's house and he let me sleep in his bed. It was cozy and his blankets smelt like him.

I loved it in here. It was peaceful. I looked around the room to see pictures of Matt and I. I smiled remembering all the memories. Then something caught my eye. Matt had gone downstairs to get something to eat. I quietly got up and went to his desk.

There sat a picture frame with Matt and a girl. She was gorgeous and seemed to be happy. Matt seemed to be happy too. I picked it up and admired it. They were so cute together. Then I realized who it was. Laura.

I smiled as I looked at her. She was truly beautiful. Just by looking at her you could tell she had a wonderful personality.

I wish I could've met her. I think we would get along. I wish she would've stayed here. I probably wouldn't be with Matt, but her and I were both hurt.

"You found her" I heard a voice say from the door way.

I jumped a bit and turned around to see Matt standing there with his head down. He had a tiny smile on his face as he looked back up.

"She's beautiful" I said as I looked back down at the picture.

"I know, like you." He said while walking over to me.

I smiled and watched Matt. He opened a drawer and got a pile of pictures. He handed them to me and smiled.

"Look through these. You'll see more of Laura and the awkward Matt" he spoke as he sat on his bed.

I looked through the pictures. Some were just Laura. Some were Laura and Matt and others were just Matt. I laughed as I saw silly pictures of Matt at a young age. Their pictures together were very cute.

None of these made me jealous at all. I knew Matt still loves Laura and always will, even if she's not here.

"I wish I could've met her" I smiled.

"I know. I wish you could've too. Y'all would have been very good friends" he said.

I put the pictures up. I couldn't stop smiling. I knew Matt loved her so much, and seeming him happy was the best thing to me.

I knew he was happy now as well, but these pictures were meaningful.

We laid down on Matt's bed and I became very sleepy. I felt Matt's soft lips on my forehead as I drifted off to sleep.

-

We were now on our way to some lame ass party that these kids from school are throwing. I wanted to go. Everyone was having party's now a days. It our senior year and we have to make the best of it.