Chapter 31

Avery's pov

No, I can't.

No matter how mad Matt might be at me. I promised. I let the tears flow from my eyes. I can't take the fact that he's mad at me. I need him with me. I became tired and dozed off.

I kept waking up to see if Matt had come back, but he wasn't there. I sighed and looked at the ceiling. I soon fell back asleep but was woken up by my phone ringing loudly.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Mrs. Meadows?" I heard a man with a deep voice say.

"Yes?" I asked.

"We would like to inform you that Matthew Espinosa, apparently he's close to you, has been in a car wreck. We ask if you could please come to the hospital right away." He spoke.

I almost dropped my phone after he said the last few words. Not again.

"Oh god, yes sir I'll be right there" I said.

I ended the call and ran to my suitcase for some shoes. I ran out of the hotel room going straight to Sammy's room. I haven't talked to him as much and I sort of feel bad.

Shit I think he's at the party. I knocked on the door, just to see if he was there. The door opened quickly and there stood Sam.

"Sammy, please drive me to the hospital now!" I begged.

"What? Why?" He asked.

"Matt's been in a car wreck. Please" I spoke as my voice cracked.

I lost it. I began to cry as he pulled me into a hug.

"It's going to be okay. Let's go" he said while grabbing his keys and running to the elevator.

"C'mon c'mon c'mon" I said while mashing the button over and over again.

Matt's POV

Flashback

"Just give me some time" I mumbled as I walked out of the room slamming the door behind me.

I don't know what just happened, but I'm upset. She just let that guy touch her and she didn't do anything, and then she gets all mad at me.

I decided to go cool off and go get some food. I went down into the lobby where a ton of fans stood. I smiled to them, even though it was fake and they could probably tell.

"Matt what's wrong?" A girl said who was about fourteen.

"Nothing." I mumbled.

She nodded.

"Sorry guys. I can't take pictures right now. I'll be back soon. Love you guys" I said.

"Something's wrong" I heard most of them say.

I shook my head and began to walk out of the hotel into the street. I found one of our cars and got in it. I tried to find a good place to eat, but barely any good places were there.

I groaned and pulled over. I sat back and put my head in my hands. I don't know what to do. I love Avery still and will never stop, but I'm just scared I'm going to loose her.

I felt a tear roll down my cheek. Why am I crying? I sighed and turned the car back on. I began to drive back around to see if I could see anything. Suddenly another car hit my car and I lost control of the wheel. The car spun around and it landed on the hood.

The windshield broke and glass went every where. That's all I remember till every thing went black.

End of flashback.

Avery's POV

We finally made it to the hospital and we ran in. I found the front desk and asked the lady where matt was.

"I need to see him now" I said.

"Okay Miss, he had to be put in emergency surgery. Please take a seat in the waiting area and we will let you know when you can see him."

"Thank you." I mumbled.

I sat down on an empty seat and began to cry. Sam sat down beside me and put his arm around me.

"Sh" he whispered. "It's all going to be okay."

"What if he doesn't make it? It's only been a few days and I might loose him again" I yelled.

He will. It'll be okay." He spoke softly.

"Guys!" Nash yelled as he ran up to us.

All the other guys and Lucy came with him and came up to us. Nash opened his arms and embraced me into a hug.

"It'll be okay babe" he said.

He kissed the top of my head and all the guys gave me hugs and whispered things like 'it's going to be okay' or 'he'll make it.'

I finally reached Lucy and she gave me a tight hug.

"He's going to make it. I'm here for you. Okay?" She said.

Tears were forming in my eyes and hers and she gave me another hug. I sat back down and dried my tears. 'He's going to be okay' was what kept me going. I repeated it in my head over and over again.

I sat back and Nash came and sat beside me.

"Hey.." He trailed off.

"Hi" I smiled a little.

"You need anything?" He asked.

"No, I'm good" I spoke.

"Are you hungry?" He asked.

"No. I can't eat." I mumbled "I'm not hungry."

"You need to eat something Ave" he spoke softly.

I'm glad he was caring for me, but I just can't eat. I'm too worried. I'm scared. Jack came up behind him and handed him food. He gave me it, but I pushed it away. I was starving, but I also wasn't. He pushed it back to me and I gave in. I needed to eat no matter how sick I was. He gave me the sandwich and I ate a little of it.

"Better?" He asked.

I nodded slightly. He was going to say something, but the doctor came out. I put the food away and stood up.

"Mrs. Meadows?" He asked while looking around.

"That's me" I said while putting my hand up.

"Mr. Espinosa is in very bad shape. We don't know if he will make it much longer." He spoke.

Every one stood up and I stood there motionless. I blocked out all the noise and felt as if I was going to pass out. This can't be happening. Tears formed in my eyes and I wanted to scream and cry and hide forever.

He's not okay. What if he doesn't make it. What if he leaves me and I'll be left alone.

What if?

__________________________

Hi! How is everyone? Cliff hanger sort of! Hope you're enjoying!

Keep voting and reading! Love you guys! -Em💘😇