Chapter 37

Matt's POV

I don't know if it's true or not. I don't want to believe them, but I want to all at the same time.
I decided to call Anna and talk to her to ask her some questions.

I searched her contact name on my phone and called her. She didn't answer. Of course. I texted her a somewhat short paragraph and sent it. I wasn't playing games this time.

'Me: okay listen here Anna, I want to know the truth. I'm sick and tired of your lies. You and Cameron are probably making up lies so I can stop dating Avery. Anna, you mean nothing to me. I love Avery. Just tell me the truth and I'll leave you alone.'

I waited for her to text back, which seemed like forever. I'm not going to deal with her anymore.

My phone dinged and I quickly looked at it.

'Anna: oh matt. I did tell you the truth. That slut has been hooking up with every guy since she left you. She needs to kill her self already. I mean, no one wants to date a suicidal whore'

Okay no. She can't call Avery that. I've had enough of her shit. I'm sick and tired of her lies.

'Me: Anna, I know Avery. She wouldn't do that. What you told me was lies. I'm done with you bitch. Never call Avery that again. I love her. Goodbye'

And with that I ended the text. I could barely sleep last night. I missed Avery and felt bad for putting her through all this shit.

I didn't want to text her. I wanted to hear her voice and see her face. I needed to see her. Whoa who knew I would fall this hard for a girl?

I got out my laptop and decided to call her from there. I got it all set up and began to call her. I really hope she's awake. It's hard not being able to talk to her everyday. I'm used to being able to talk about life and being myself around her.

I didn't even text her goodnight last night. I'm so upset with myself now.

Avery's POV

Oh fun. We're going to the beach today. I went to sleep last night without a text from Matt, which caused barely any sleep at all. I wasn't used to this. James and Jayden are going to the beach with us. Before I go, I really want to have a talk with Matt.

I need to tell him everything. I feel like he wants to take a break maybe. Or I do? I don't really know. I was on tumblr looking at stuff when I got a FaceTime call from Matt. I was sort of iffy about answering him. I'm scared it'll be Anna it something. I gave in and answered anyway.

"Hey" he mumbled.

"Hi" I said awkwardly.

"I'm sorry. I'm a jerk I know. You can still be mad I me. I'm going to let you explain." He said.

I nodded and gulped. I sat back on my bed and began to tell him everything. How the real reason I was hanging out with Jayden was because he is about to be my step brother.

I'm happy Matt listened to me and let me explain my feelings about it. I felt somewhat calm and safe.

"I'm so sorry I didn't listen Avery" he said while looking down.

"It's okay Matt. I forgive you." I smiled softly as he looked up.

"Only a few weeks till I get to see you!" He cheered.

"Damn Matt I've only been gone like three days" I giggled

"Whatever" he scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"I'm going to the beach today. I've got to go. I'll text you. Okay?" I said.

"Okay. I love you." He smiled

"I love you too" I smiled.

He blew me a kiss and I quickly ended the call. I'm glad we got that all figured out. I began to get ready for the beach. It was a four hour drive so yay.

I packed a small suitcase of clothes only because we were staying three days. I threw on a sweat shirt and athletic shorts and put on my flip flops. I went into the bathroom and brushed my teeth and washed my face.

I wasn't going to wear make up because I didn't feel like it and I was going to be sleeping all the way there. I grabbed my bag then made my way downstairs. I quickly ate a light breakfast then waited for my mom.

She soon came out and met me in the kitchen. We then went out where David and Jayden were. We were going in James' truck which was huge. It was black and pretty cool.

I got in and got situated. I put in my earphones and sat quietly listening to my music and looking through my Instagram feed.

I soon fell asleep listening to one of Matt's favorite songs.

••

Yo!

How are y'all? I'm really sleepy rn so sorry if this chapter is bad!

THANK YOU FOR 4K READS! It means so much!

Hope you're all enjoying this!

My spring break is almost over and I have 2 projects to do so yay😑

Keep voting and reading! Love you guys so much!-Em💘💁