Chapter 42

Avery's POV

"Come on Avery lets go" Matthew yelled.

I sighed and got up from the bed. I walked down the stairs to see him standing there with his keys in his hand.

We were going to hang out at Jack Gilinsky's house and I was actually some what nervous about this. I had gotten to know these people and places and some of my memory had come back, but not really.

It's been exactly a two months since I have gotten out of the hospital and I felt great. I have learned a lot about Matthew in the short time I've been with him and he's really sweet.

We walked out of the apartment and found Matthew's car. We got in and he began to drive. I just stared blankly out side at the view of people and buildings.

I felt something touch my hand. My head shot up and I looked straight at Matthew. He quickly moved his hand away from mine and brought his focus back on the road.

"Oh, uh sorry" he mumbled.

I nodded trying not to seem too confused. I don't know much about our past, but maybe we did have something. He never brings it up and I feel as if I shouldn't ask.

His face was red because he was embarrassed and I just smiled and let out a light laugh hoping he wouldn't hear, but he did.

"What?" He smiled.

"Oh nothing" I mumbled with a smile still plastered on my face

"What. Is there something funny?" He laughed

"You're face gets super red when you're embarrassed and I thought it was" I paused before going on.

I didn't want to say cute, even though I thought it was. No, I wasn't catching feelings for this kid only because I don't know him well enough. I'm not sure why I even live with him for that matter.

"Funny" I finished.

"Oh" he chuckled.

I nodded and sat back in my seat. Finally we arrived at Jacks house and I quickly got out. I wanted to see some of the people I had met earlier.

We walked up to his house and Matthew just opened the door without knocking. I shrugged and followed him.

As soon as we walked in the door I heard loud laughs from many guys and I rolled my eyes as I heard them. We walked into the living room where I saw everyone.

They all greeted us and I was given plenty of hugs. I sat awkwardly on the couch listening to the conversation.

I couldn't help but stare at a boy who was absolutely gorgeous to me. I was trying my best to remember his name, but it wouldn't come to me.

"Sammy" someone called and the boy stood up.

"Sammy..." I whispered.

"What?" I heard Matthew say.

"Oh nothing" I muttered.

He was very cute to me. He had the most beautiful eyes and his laugh made me happy. I wanted to get to know this boy.

I sat back wondering what he was like. I'm sure he was nice. He hugged me and I didn't even know his name, but now I do and I think he's cute.

I studied his features until I realized I was staring. Oh gosh I hope no one actually saw that.

Everyone made their way over to the kitchen to get drinks and food and I followed them not wanting to be left behind.

I rested my arms on the bar as they all talked and got food and drinks. I froze when I felt someone's breath on my neck.