Chapter 36

Avery's pov

"Excuse me miss." I heard a voice say.

It was a women's voice and I was really confused. I didn't know where I was. I slightly opened my eyes and looked around. I saw a lady with a flight attendant outfit on. She was probably about mid twenties.

"Oh, I'm sorry to wake you, but the flight has ended" she spoke softly.

"No, it's fine. Thank you" I smiled.

I stood up and grabbed my phone and my back pack. I then exited the plane. I can't believe I actually slept the whole ride. I kind of felt stupid since the lady had to wake me up, but I was very tired and didn't feel like staying awake the whole trip. I made my way to the baggage claim after and found my luggage.

I went out of the airport and looked around until I saw my moms car. She parked on the curb like area near the entrance and got out.

She ran up to me and hugged me. She took the luggage and put it in the car. We got in and rode back. I was wide awake and it wasn't even late so I was happy.

"I missed you!" She smiled.

"I missed you too" I said.

We discussed all the things that happened, and of course all the difficult times. My mom knew about everything. She knew what happened with Matt. Mrs. Espinosa had told her.

We finally made it home and I got my bags and ran up to my room. I put the bags down and jumped on my bed. It felt so good to be in my bed. Finally. I missed it too much.

"Avery?" My mom called.

"Yes?" I yelled back.

No answer.

Great she's going to make me get up from my comfortable bed I haven't slept in in forever. Thanks mom. I rolled my eyes and got up. I trudged down the stairs and into the kitchen where she stood.

"Yes?" I said once again.

"So I waited to tell you in person, instead of through text message or call, but James asked me to marry him!" She cheered.

My jaw dropped open. I can't believe this. She was obviously happy, but I wasn't. She can't marry him. I mean, think about it. It's going to be so much different. I mean, I'm going to move out right after I graduate so it'll be okay maybe. I don't know.

"I'm happy for you mom" I smiled and hugged her.

I went back up to my room and shut the door. I laid back down and just thought. I can't believe she's marrying him. After all I've told her about how I don't want her to be with him, she doesn't listen.

I know I probably shouldn't be so selfish, but its hard. He's going to move into our house, or worse. We'll have to move. Okay, no that can't happen. I would never see Matt or Sammy or Lucy or the Jacks.

A tear fell from my eye. I don't even know why I was crying. I'm not happy. I'm scared. My phone started to vibrate and I shot up. It was Matt. He called me on FaceTime and I immediately answered.

"Baby" Matt cheered as he looked at me through the screen.

"Matthew" I cheered back.

We laughed and continued.

"Have you been crying?" He asked worriedly.

"No. It's stupid. Don't worry about it." I looked down and sighed.

"Avery Marie tell me" he said.

I nodded and explained the whole situated. I let everything out. How I felt. I cried and cried.