Chapter 2

We got on the bus and were on our way to school. I zoned out the loud chatter with the sound of my favorite songs coming through my ear buds. I put only one in so I could still talk to Lucy.

"I hate the bus" she said looking around with a disgusted face.

"Me too." I sighed trying to yell over the loud voices coming in all directions.

We arrived at a few more stops and Lucy and I ate a granola bar we packed for breakfast. We talked a little and finally arrived at school. We walked in the big doors, shoving our way past the people. We headed for our lockers and put our stuff away.

Me and Lucy only had 2 classes together and they were Math and Spanish. We said our goodbyes and headed for our separate classes.

I had science first which I hated. I'm pretty good at science I just hate the teacher. She's moody and strict. I didn't enjoy her class at all. I walked into the same old, noisy room and looked around to find an open desk.

I found one next to a boy. He had dirty blonde hair, brown eyes, and an adorable smile. I haven't seen him around here so he's gotta be new, but he looks really familiar. I walked over to my seat and sat my books down. The boy was talking to Jack Gilinsky and Jack Johnson the most popular boys in school.

They're the famous boys from vine and were in a thing called magcon that had recently ended. They're really sweet and fun guys to hang around with. Lucy has a major crush on Gilinsky and I think he likes her too. I slowly slid into the desk.

Johnson noticed me.

"Hey Ave" he said with a cheeky grin.

"Hi" I said smiling back.

"Oh this is Matt. He moved here from Virginia. He was in magcon with us for a couple shows." Gilinsky said introducing me to matt.

"Oh yeah! That's where I've seen you from. Well I'm Avery." I said smiling at him.

He was really cute and seemed cool.

"Nice to meet you" he said smiling back.

"Yo by the way ave we're having a party Friday night. Wanna come?" Johnson asked while nudging my shoulder.

"Eh i don't know" I said.

"C'mon it won't be that bad I'm sure" Matt said assuring me.

"Okay. I might. I'll see" I said smiling.

The bell suddenly rang and class started. Before the teacher started teaching the lessons Gilinsky whispered "oh yeah you have to come with a date because you finally need to get one." While winking at me and smiling.

He sounds like a 6th grader.

'You have to bring a date.' Why should i have too? I mean he's right about never having a date to his parties.

I rolled my eyes and laughed a little at the thought of me actually having a date to the party.

__________________________

So I'm gonna refer to Jack G as just Jack and Jack J to Johnson. You'll get it further on, but hope you're enjoying -Em