Chapter 53

Avery's pov

I looked around the room after sitting down my bag. I smiled at the thought of being home. Well, where Matt and I loved before I moved out. It feels so good to be back here honestly. I went and sat down on the bed. I let out a sigh as I looked around the room.

I noticed the picture that always made me smile. It was a picture of Matt and I. I forgot we even had this picture still. I admired how happy we both looked. I missed the old times. Like when we were in high school.

Matt made me the happiest. I don't know why we let things come between us. So many stupid things happened and I regret them.

"Uh you okay?" I heard Matt say from the door.

I looked up and smiled. I nodded and looked at him. I don't want to go back to my apartment. I'm scared to be alone. I don't know where the hell Sammy is. Matt won't speak of him because he doesn't want me to worry and become uncomfortable by thinking about what happened.

I did think Sam loved me. I also miss when we were in high school too. He used to care for me so much. It doesn't even matter if we were dating when he beat me and touched me, he shouldn't have.

"I don't have to go back to my place do I?" I asked Matt.

"Only if you want to. You can stay with me until you're comfortable going back or you can move back in" he grinned.

I nodded and stood up. I walked over to him and hugged him tightly. I felt like crying for some odd reason. I just miss everything. I can't believe all of this has happened.

"Thank you" I whispered.

"Anything for you" he smiled.

Matts pov

Come on Matt. Tell her you're sorry for everything you've done to her. Let her know that you love her. Let her know that she's the reason you're still here. Let her know everything you've been holding back for what has felt like years.

These thoughts crowded my mind. I was lost and confused. Did that kiss mean anything to her? It sure as hell did to me. I'm so in love, but it's like she doesn't know. How could she not know?

What if she moves on and leaves me like Laura? What if?

Sammy then took over my mind. I haven't spoken a word about him to Avery. Even if were dating it's still considered rape. I miss those times where Avery and I were younger. We were young and free. We didn't really care much about anything.

I was so caught up in my thoughts, I hadn't even noticed that Avery had left the room. I looked around and laughed a little. I walked into the living room where I saw her seated on the couch.

"Are you hungry?" I asked.

"No" she mumbled.

She hadn't eaten anything today or last night. I was beginning to worry about her.

"Ave, you need to eat"

"but I'm not hungry" she smiled weakly.

I shook my head and rolled my eyes. I knew she was hungry. What if she's not happy with her body? What if she's thinking about cutting?

Stop thinking 'what if'

She stood up and went to the bed room without saying a word. She shut the door and turned off the light. I took a deep breath.

Sammy really did hurt her and I'm going to kill him if I have to. He's been reported to the police, but I don't know what they're actually going to do to him. I haven't heard anything.