Chapter 49

Avery's pov

Three months later

I slipped on my apron and tied it around my waist. I grabbed my note book and walked over to a couple in a booth.

"What can I get you guys?" I asked with a smile across my face.

"I'll just have a coffee" the boy said

"Can I get a chocolate chip muffin?" The girl asked.

"Yes you may. I'll go get those orders in for you guys" I said.

I walked back over to the kitchen area and put in their order. I grabbed the muffin and coffee and brought it to them. They gladly thanked me and I went back over to the kitchen.

Andrea Russet, the other waitress and my best friend, stood looking around making sure everyone had what they needed. I had came back to California after the Virginia show.

Andrea and I have known each other for a while and we now hang out a lot. No, I have not spoken to Matt since I was in Virginia and I'm good without him.

I heard the door to the coffee shop open and I perked up. There stood Jack and Madison at the entrance. Madison and Jack have started dating and they are truly adorable.

"Hey guys. Take a seat wherever you'd like" I smiled.

They nodded and went to take a seat a little table towards the back.

"Wow, I felt like I haven't seen Jack in forever" Andrea laughed.

"I wish you guys could've had a thing" I smirked as I shoved past her to take their orders

"So what can I get you guys" I smiled as I reached their table.

"I'll have an iced coffee" They said in unison.

"Alright" I laughed.

I went to fix their drinks as Andrea came up to me.

"I think I have an eye on a guy" she smirked.

"Oh, what's his name?" I asked.

"His names Kenny, but don't make it a big deal" she smiled.

"Aw. Where'd you meet him?" I teased as I finished up their drinks.

"Tour and through vine a while ago. We're really good friends now" she grinned.

"And why am I just finding out about this?" I joked.

She shrugged and I went to take Jack and Madison their drinks. As soon as I got to their table they asked me how I've been even though I've saw them last week.

"I'm good" I smiled.

"Good" Madison cheered as she took a sip of her coffee.

"Have you talked to Matt recently?" Jack asked.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

"Well you're probably going to have to now" he said while pointing towards the door.

I turned around and saw Matt standing there looking straight at me. Shit. He slightly waved as he saw me and walked over to me. He walked past me and went to sit beside Jack.

"I'll uh be right back" I stuttered.

I ran towards the kitchen and grabbed onto Andreas arm as I pulled her aside. I could barely speak I was so nervous and worried at the same time.

"Madison and Jack and then Matt came and I'm freaking out and I can't breath and ugh" I panicked as Andrea tried to follow along to what I was saying.