Chapter 100

"Hm? What is it?" She asks, looking curious.

He stays silent.

"I'm scared of what you'll think of me.."

"Remember when we were kids? We promised each other that we would be friends forever, and that nothing will ever change that, Azrail." Athena says.

"You think so?" He asks.

"I would kill myself if I broke that promise." She adds, putting her hand in her chest.

"I'm just really nervous at this point..."

"It's can't that bad, can it?"

"I'm not sure..."

After a few minutes of persuasion, Azrail finally speaks up.

"Finally you're gonna talk! It's been forever, the suspense is killing me!" She exclaims, eyes full of hope.

"Athena...I...love...you...I know that you don't need anyone...but I can't take it anymore! It's been 3 years...I can't believe that I hid a secret for so long...please don't hate me..."

"Azrail I-I...love you too...all this time I thought that it's a normal feeling among friends, but I guess it isn't..." she replies, hugging him.

"Really? W-wow...I thought you would never like someone like me..."

"You make me feel so safe... and happy...it's strange...I asked my mom about it a few days ago...she said it was love."

"W-Will you b-be my girlfriend?" He stutters, not used to this kinda of stuff.

"Are you kidding me? Yes!"

"This was a day to celebrate our single lives..." Azrail says.

"Well things have changed, haven't they?"

"Mhm. Let's update that promise."

"From now on, we'll always love each other. Do you agree with that?" Athena asks.

"Of course I do." He replies, hugging her back.

"I bet mom would start squealing."

"Huh, mine too."

"Wanna stay here for a little while?"

"Yeah. By the way, it's my turn to show you something today."

She rolls up her long sleeves to reveal scars all over her arms. Azrail never remembered her getting injured in those particular places because if she did, he would have known about it.

"Uhm...where did you get those?"

"Oh I got these when I was six. When Dad died, I didn't want to live anymore...so I-" she was interrupted by Azrail hugging her even tighter.

"Don't you dare do that ever again. You'd make ME not wanna live anymore."

"I don't do that anymore, because of you." She replies, looking at his black eyes.

"M-me? Why?"

"No matter what situation I'm in...you always find a way to make me smile, and I love you for that. You're the reason why I stopped." Athena explains.

"I'm glad to hear that, but you're scaring the living heck out of me right now. Please don't-" but was shut up by Athena kissing him, in the lips.

His eyes widen in shock, because he never knew that she would be one to do these kinds of things, but he brushes it off and kisses back, while running his hands through her blonde-silver hair.

From within the bushes, Granger spies on the two, with tears forming in his eyes, and with Alucard's spirit beside him.

"They're made for each other, Granger." He says.

Granger jumps from the sudden appearance and stutters, "A-Alu?"

"I NEEDED to see this. I'm proud of them."

"Me too." Granger replies, then Alu starts to fade away.

"Hey, Granger!" Guinevere chirps in, scaring him, for the second time within a few minutes.

"Mah child is all grown up now." He cries, wiping the tears away from his eyes.

Realizing the situation, Guinevere sits beside him and starts to cry too.

"You're right..."

THE END

Before I end this book, I would like to thank these following people for supporting this book, and a few credits.

MadameBella418 , kaykaylagab , cocomelon369 , elllraf , and justsomeone988 (Sorry for not mentioning all of you, I have bad memory hehe 😅)

And for MarciaGarrote , she's my friend and she helped me with the title of this book, so thank you.

And lastly, to all of you, for reading this in the first place.

For now, I'll be focusing on my Alucard x Reader book and my upcoming Alpha x Reader. Goodbye for now!

- Aurelia💕