Chapter 19

"G-Gusion? What are you doing here?" Guinevere asks. "Well, I came here to check on you."

"Why would you do that?"

"I overheard the servants talking in the castle yesterday, and they said that Granger was in a coma. Is that true?"

"Wait. No one else knows about Granger's coma other than Princess Silvanna, the doctors and nurses, and I. How did you..."

"Hmph. Clever." He replies.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"You forgot one last person who would know."

"T-the one who did it. You! You were the one who hurt him!" She exclaims. "Well yes. I was the one."

"Why? What did I do to you? What did HE ever do to you Gusion?"

"You don't need to know. Come back to the palace with me, Guin. Everything will be much easier if you just cooperate." He says, sounding very stern. Guinevere knew that he wasn't joking.

"Don't call me that! Look, I don't love you, so just LEAVE ME ALONE!" She shouts, kicking him.

"You've gotten way stronger than before, nice." Gusion says.

Suddenly, he disappears and reappears behind her. "But you're still not stronger than me."

He uses his daggers to scratch Guinevere. The cuts weren't that deep, but they still hurt very much.

She couldn't move because of the pain. Blood stained her clothes.

"Give up." He demands. "Never! Why can't you just face reality?"

"You're coming with me, and that's that. Understood?" Gusion asks, grabbing her by the neck and choking her.

Guinevere spotted the gun beside her, for it dropped earlier. Now Gusion just brought her closer to the gun. "How silly." She thought.

Snatching it, she warns him.

"I-I'm gonna s-shoot." Gasping for air, no time must be wasted.

"Hah. Since when did you learn how to use guns huh?" He says, underestimating her.

Guinevere ran out of air. Just before she completely ran out of air, she pulled the trigger. But her vision was so blurry, and her arms painful, that she shot his leg instead.

Gusion immediately let go and grasped his leg out of pain. She coughs and tries her best to get up.

With only a few seconds, she manages to stand, with Gusion in the floor this time.

"Listen. I will not hesitate to kill you if you dare try to come back, not like I'm gonna let you go anyway."

All of a sudden, Silvanna bursts in to the house. "Guinevere, I know it's late, but are you sure about becoming a dem- what is going on in here?"