Chapter 87

"Okay dad, come on Azrail let's go!" Athena exclaims, excited to be reunited with her father once again.

"Shouldn't we tell Aunt Miya about this?" Azrail asks, wanting to tell the adults too.

"This a secret between the three of us, okay? We can tell the rest later." He replies, walking forward.

"No problem dad! Lead the way!"

After a few minutes of walking, the two children don't remember where they are.

"Where are we dad?"

"We're in the enchanted forest. It has a spell on it. That way, people forget where they are. I'm not affected by this because I'm trained to do so. I'm a demon hunter after all. Stick with me and you'll be fine." Alucard explains.

"You're so cool Uncle Alucard!"

"Thanks, you'll be like that someday, I believe in you."

"You know, mom let me go to an Academy! And it's really nice! Even though there are mean people, it's still nice!"

"Really? I used to go there too. Oh, we're here!" He exclaims, pulling apart the vines to reveal a beautiful lake with flowers and butterflies all over the place. There were owls on the trees, hooting and flying around.

"For how long did you know about this place?" Athena asks.

"A long time ago, and I'm the only one who does, along with Miya. I almost died back there, so in case that ever happens again, at least you know about this place. Maybe you can show your future boyfriend or something."

"Dad! I'm not gonna have a boyfriend!"

"Mhm..." He replies, looking at Azrail, who was blushing a lot.

"By the way, why do you have my other sword?" Alucard asks, examining her small body carrying such a huge sword.

"Someone from my class broke the blue one. Uncle Granger and Azrail got me this one!"

"You really must care for her. I appreciate you for that. She's fine, even after my 'death'. You really did manage to cheer her up. Well done, kid." He says, patting Azrail's head, while he hides his face.

"This place is beautiful, dad. Thank you for showing me this."

"No problem, Athena."

"Look at all this. Even at night this place is breathtaking." Azrail says, enjoying the view.

"Glad you two like it."

Suddenly, the trees and the grass wither, and only soil becomes of them. The owls and butterflies disappear into thin air, and it becomes dark. Green fire spreads all over the place, surrounding the kids.

"W-what's happening? Dad?" Athena stutters, holding on to Azrail for dear life. She was trembling, and on the verge of tears. Azrail himself didn't understand, until he remembered.

"Wasn't Uncle Alucard buried already?"

"Y-yeah..." Athena replies.

They hear some distant clapping. It gets louder and louder, until someone very unexpected comes out of the dark.

"You really are smart kids, but you're too late." That person was none other than the Twisted Summoner, Vexana.

"God job, Alucard." She adds, as he bows to her.

"Dad? What are you doing with her?" Athena asks, entering battle stance.

He doesn't respond.

"ANSWER ME DAD! DON'T MAKE ME ATTACK YOU!!!" She shouts, raising her sword.

"Silly girl, can't you see? Alucard is dead. I resurrected his soul, so that he may work for me. He won't listen to anyone but me."

Vexana claps again, and this time, Selena, Terizla, and Moskov appear.

"Take the girl, kill the boy- wait. Don't take them yet. Alucard, attack them."

He charges towards Athena. She didn't fight back, she only defended herself, because she didn't want to hurt him.

"Athena, Fight!" Azrail screams, using his real bullets this time.

"I...can't. He's my dad..."

"Why are you doing this to her? Hurt me instead!" Azrail shouts to Vexana, standing there, watching.

"Athena possesses the power of the Moon Goddess. If we were to take Miya, she could take us down. She, on the other hand, can't defeat us, there's no way." She replies, cackling.

"Hurt me instead..." Azrail says, still struggling to shoot him.

"You possess no power whatsoever, you're useless to me. Athena, would make a good weapon. Okay, I'm bored now." With a clap of her hand, Alucard disappears, leaving Athena and Azrail tired.

"Dad...no...come back!"

"Take them now." She orders, and the 3 Abyssians corner the kids and dispose of their weapons.

(A/N: Don't kill me please it had to be done-)