Chapter 46

A few minutes after Miya left, another knock was heard from downstairs. This time, it was Granger.

"Come in." She says, from the window.

"How are you?" He asks.

"Still in a lot of pain,of course." Guinevere replies.

"I think I went overboard last night." Granger admits, scratching the back of his head.

"You think?" Guinevere sarcastically asks, still huddled up in a blanket.

"I got you some medicine from the pharmacy. I'm not sure these will work, but they're painkillers. Try them." He says, handing her some small pills.

Guinevere pours herself another glass of water and takes the medicine.

"Do you need to rest for a while?" Granger asks.

"Yeah, sure. This time, leave me alone. You can train or something. Just don't bother me." She demands.

"Okay." He replies, leaving the room and closing the door.

Tired from all the pain she endured today, Guinevere closed her eyes and slept.

A few hours later, Guinevere woke up well rested. When she looked at the clock, it was 5:00 in he afternoon.

She gets up, and surprisingly, the pain was all gone! "The painkillers worked a miracle." Guinevere thought.

She happily walks downstairs, and sees Granger reading one of her books about demons.

"What are you reading?" She asks, popping up behind him.

Granger jumps and looks back at her.

"Wait, looks like the painkiller worked!" He exclaims, hugging Guinevere and pulling her closer to him and making her sit on the couch.

She yelps and leans on his shoulder afterwards.

"Guinevere, what's for dinner?"

"Don't ask me, it was your turn to cook."

"Okay, some macaroni and cheese then." He says.

"Nice. By the way, Miya came over and told me that when I'm feeling better, we should join her and Alucard for dinner again."

"Well I'm fine with that, when would you like to go?"

"Tomorrow would be great." She replies.

"Then that's settled."

Granger then stands up and walks to the kitchen and starts preparing the ingredients to tonight's dinner, while Guinevere just sits there, since they both agreed that Granger would be the one to cook dinner for now.

Once he finished cooking, Guinevere joined him on the dining table and took some of the food on her plate.

They ate in complete silence. Guinevere  felt a bit more mad at him than before, but she didn't want to show it. So, she tried to start a conversation.

"Granger, what did you do on your mission today?"

"Well, I was tasked to go to the Abyss again, for the same job as last time." He replies, putting a spoonful of mac and cheese in his mouth.

"How many demons were you able to kill?"

"24."

"That's a lot." She says.

"Yeah. Even just one killed demon means a lot to the Empire."

"True."

Guinevere finished her dinner quickly, because it was delicious and she was hungry at the same time.

"Tell me when you're done. It's my turn to wash the dishes tonight."

"Okay, you can just sit down and wait for me to finish."

It wasn't a matter of time before he finished.

"Here, Guinevere. I'm done."

"Finally, it's been hours."

"Princess, its only been 10 minutes."

"Well I thought it's been hours. Move aside, I'll begin washing the dishes now."