Chapter 50

"It's not a joke..." She mumbles.

He didn't know how to react. He just stood there, in complete shock.

"Let me get this straight. You're pregnant?" Granger asks.

"Well, yeah..."

"And you didn't tell me?"

"I just found out now." She replies, with a straight face. But he could tell that she was holding back tears.

He approaches her and proceeds to hug her. That was when she broke down in tears.

"I-I don't think I'm prepared f-for this...I c-can't be a m-mother..."

Granger didn't say anything.

She looks at him as if she was saying, "You're disappointed in me aren't you?"

That was it. Guinevere thought this was her fault. She was scared, and she felt that she couldn't be a mother because she thought of everything that could go wrong. She could get really mad, and hurt the child. And also, she wasn't used to having to look out for someone 24/7.

"Guinevere, it's okay. I'm not mad or anything, just extremely shocked."

Most of all, she felt like her attitude wasn't a motherly one.

"This is my fault, isn't it?" Granger asks.

"No, please don't blame yourself. Actually, having a child is a beautiful thing, but you know, the responsibilities and stuff." She replies.

"I think you can handle it. I mean, parenting is never easy. But we'll figure it out together." He says, a determined look on his face.

Guinevere dries her tears and hugs Granger. "Yeah."

They both fell asleep together that night.

"Princess, wake up." Gently shaking her awake, Guinevere wakes up.

"Good morning..."

"What do you want for breakfast?" He asks.

"I...don't want to eat."

He raised one eyebrow at her.

"*cough* pregnant *cough*"

"Oh, right." She replies.

Although she didn't want to, she had to. There were so many things that needed to change around the house.

Guinevere forced herself to eat that very morning, and her stomach didn't seem to agree with her. She felt full, and wanted to stop, but Granger shoved a lot of food into her mouth.

"Payback for yesterday." He says.

She was about to speak, but he places his index finger on her lips and says, "Nope, it's not healthy for the child if it's mother doesn't eat~"

She does as told and swallows, scoffing afterwards.

After eating, she asks Granger something.

"Am I not supposed to go out now or something?"

"I'm not sure, but I think it's dangerous for you out there. And I know. I mean, a random demon could just come out of nowhere."

"Then I'll just stay in the house for like, nine months?" She asks, whining.

"I guess so."

Guinevere was quite disappointed because she wasn't used to staying inside for a long time.

MadameBella418: Quarantine!

Aurelia: What are you doing here? You're not supposed to be here! Wait for a few more chapters! *shoves Bella out of the story plot*