Chapter 36

"What other flowers would you like on display Granger?" Guinevere asks.

"Roses would be nice." He replies.

"What color would the roses be?"

"Red, like the blood of my enemies."

"Are you okay? Should I get a doctor?"

"No, no. I meant red. Just red." He explains.

"Alright then." She says, writing down their choices on a notepad.

"Oh! Didn't mother say earlier that I had to pick my dress?" Guinevere asks.

"Well, yeah."

"That means I have to go! Keep looking at the samples Granger, and write down your choices in this notepad. I'll be back in a couple of hours."

"Hours? Does it take that long to pick a dress?"

"Yes, silly. It's a wedding dress after all." She replies, shrugging afterwards.

Running off to her mother, she says,

"Sorry, almost forgot about the dress."

"Well it's about time, you have 69 dresses to choose from."

"69? Couldn't you have made it like, 70 or 65? Why that number?" Guinevere asks.

"I don't know, the number itself sounds funny." Her mother replies.

"Now we've got 2 insane people in this castle." She thought.

Looking at the dresses, some had too many ruffles, some looked way too uncomfortable, and some were too poofy.

"Mother, I choose this one."

Guinevere points to a white dress with small violets embroidered on the side.

"Excellent choice, dear." She gestures for the maids to keep the other 68 dresses that were shown to Guinevere earlier.

"Now may I go back to Granger?"

"You may."

And with that, she walked away.

"Granger? Can I see what you have written on the notepad?"

"Hold on, I was supposed to write? Oh." He replies.

"What do you mean 'hOld oN i wAs sUppOsEd tO WritE'? What were you doing then?"

"Uhm..." No answer came out.

She picks up the notepad from the ground and looks at it.

There was only one page in it. The other 89 pages were missing. They weren't even blank, just missing.

"What happened here?"

Guinevere felt like she needed to look around. She did so, and there were paper airplanes all over the grass. There were even paper boats in the fountain.

"I...uhhh-"

"Granger you child! I gave you one instruction, and yet, you couldn't even follow it?"

"Sorry, okay? I got bored."

"Why do I have to do all the work? You're getting married too you know."

"I'm aware of that, but you should know that I'm not good at listing stuff down."

"You act childish sometimes too."

"Hey, I already apologized! Look, to make it up to you, I'll help you this time."

"Finally, some help."