Chapter 99

Azrail rushes back home, because it was dinner time.

Perfect timing too, because Azalea just finished helping her mother set up the table.

"Hey Azrail! I heard that you asked Lilith for some light orbs, what's that all about?" Guinevere asks.

"Nothing, just wanted to have some light source." He replies.

"Uhh...okay? Dinner will be ready in five minutes. Dad is in the meadow if you want to talk to him." Azalea says.

The next day, Azrail wakes Athena up at 5:00 in the morning.

"Hurry up! I gotta show you something!"

"What's so important that you have to bother me at 5 in the morning?" She asks, forced to change into casual clothes at such an early time.

"You'll see. I know you'll like it."

"Hmph. You don't know my standards." Athena replies.

"Exactly, I don't. But I'm just gonna hope that you do."

He leads her to the garden again, where she seems confused.

"Azrail, it's the same garden from yesterday. Why? It's still dark, I should still be sleeping..." she murmurs.

"And it's just the right time."

Azrail enters the cave behind the waterfall, and the blue orbs appear.

"Wha...what is this place?"

"I found it yesterday when you left. I-I thought that you would like a place all to ourselves..." he explains.

"Like it, Azrail? Like it?! I love it! Thank you!" She exclaims, hugging her best friend.

"They look just like the stars..." Athena adds.

"Mhm. That's what I was going for." Azrail replies.

"This...this is just wonderful."

"I thought that we could be here for our tradition today."

"Well, yeah! What better way to spend our tradition than to just get away from couples and all that lovey-dovey stuff?" Athena asks.

"This is literally the best place I've ever been to."

"Mhm...same. And I'm glad I'm here with you." Athena replies, leaning on his shoulder. Azrail couldn't help but blush, and tried his best to hide it from her as the sound of the waterfall kills the silence.

"I wonder what it would be like if Dad was here to see this."

He never knew that his Uncle Alucard was fond of sceneries. Alucard was always so goofy but brave, it was just...unexpected. Athena really was exactly like him.

"You're so much like your Dad." He says.

"My mom says that too. She told me that it's like he never left because I'm here. The only difference is that I'm a girl." She replies.

"H-hey Athena...I h-have to tell you something..." Azrail stutters.