Chapter 9

"Hmm...I've never actually heard Granger play the violin, maybe I can go down and let him play it for a while, then I'll take it back." With that being said, she runs down, hoping that he's okay.

"Granger?" "Yes?" He replies. "Can you play a song on the violin?" Guinevere requests. "Uhm...sure!" Opening his cell door with the key that she took from the guards, she hands him his violin. He starts to play a beautiful song, full of emotion.

Guinevere listens to the violin being played, and it made her feel calm. When it was over, he asks. "Why did you let me play my violin? I thought you were gonna take it for yourself."

"You see, I learned how to play it, and I just wanted to see how good you are." She replies. "You're a very fast learner. May I hear you play the violin?"

"Gladly."

Picking it up, Guinevere decides to play Canon in D. She remembers the notes because she's played that song multiple times for hours. Granger was amazed at how much she's learned. But when she starts to play the chorus, something strange happens. Granger suddenly remembers all the times he's spent with his mother, from the day he was born, until the day she died. He suddenly feels so emotional, then he begins to cry.

Concerned, Guinevere stops playing and tries to comfort him. "Granger! Stop crying. What's wrong?" "Please play the chorus again..." He says. "Okay?" She replies, confused.

As she plays again, Granger continues to cry, his flashbacks playing like a movie inside his head. Once it ends, he says to Guinevere. "That's the song! You found it! Thank you so much Guinevere." Hugging her from behind the iron bars. "You're welcome Granger. Now let's get out of here."

"How do we get past the guards, huh?" He asks. "Simple, like this!" She says, hitting them until they lost consciousness. Granger then throws them into the dungeon. After that, the pair leaves.

No one was around the castle, for they were busy prepraring for next week's wedding. Therefore, making it easier for them to hurry back to Guinevere's room.

"So that you won't get caught you can hide in my room. Thee are a bunch of secret rooms that I placed there myself." She explains.

"Alright..." Granger replies, not sure about this.

"Well, here we are! My bedroom!"

Granger watches in awe, because her room is huge! He feels bad giving her such a small room back then. "Stop staring, I hear voices. Hide!" She says as she takes a book from the shelf. When she did so, the bookshelf slid open to reveal a tiny room. "Wow." Granger says. "Hurry up! We don't have much time!"

"Guinevere? Are you alright?" Gusion asks, coming into the room. "Yes, nothing to see here. Now go!" She shouts, pushing him out of her room.

"That was close." Granger says, coming out of his hideout. "You're right. I'll give you a sleeping bag, because I can't risk you going out and getting caught. I can, however, let you out if everyone is busy or, late at night."

"Okay, fine by me." He replies. "Good. I think I'm needed downstairs. I'll get back to you."