Chapter 73

Guinevere and Granger start to cry in front of Silvanna, not able to hold it in anymore.

"This i-is all...so fast. I d-don't want him to go to war, Silvanna. Can you make changes?"

"Unfortunately, I can't. Ever since Granger was an orphan, he swore his loyalty to the Empire. I'm sorry but, he doesn't have a say in this."

"What if I'm gone? What about the kids? I'll miss them so much..." he thought as he cried silently, head down.

"I'll try the best I can to bring him back to you after this, Guin." Silvanna replies.

Not knowing the full power of the Abyss, who knows what will happen next? (Me, of course. Hehe.)

"I...don't know how to process this right now." Guinevere mutters.

"It's sad, but true, Guin. Granger and Alucard have killed multiple demons the past few months, so we might have an upper hand on this war. And I promise, I will bring my brother back, too."

Guinevere looks at Granger, who was beside her, but he still keeps his head down, not even talking.

"Anyway, I have to go back to the palace. Have a good night, you two." She says as she leaves the house.

Guinevere, still in tears, walks upstairs to her room to sleep, for she was too overwhelmed and that made her tired.

The triplets heard their mother coming up the stairs and exit the room to either ask her to play with them or just see how she's doing, but when they greet her, she says nothing and closes the door, but doesn't lock it, knowing that Granger will come in very soon.

"Guin, wait." Granger says, running up the stairs.

"Hey dad, what's wrong with mom-" Lilith asks, but he too ignores them and knocks on the door to the bedroom.

He hears no response, so he just enters.

"There's something going on here, and I don't know about it." Lilith murmurs, but she immediately shrugs the thing off, her parents probably got into a small argument.

Inside the room, Granger sees Guinevere completely covered in her lavender-colored blanket, curled into a ball on the bed.

He just takes his own blanket and attempts to sleep, but the sound of Guinevere's sobs prevents him from doing so.

So he decides to comfort her, "Since that's what a good husband does." Granger thought.

He tries to pull the blanket away from her, but her grip on the blanket was so tight that he couldn't even pull it off.

Trying another approach, he talks to her.

"Guin, talk to me. I'm just here. You can tell me anything you want."

The sounds of her sobs only got louder.

"I know it's hard but, I really don't have a say in anything anymore."

No reply, again.

"Why don't you just talk to me? I know you have problems, you just don't show it. And I know that it's only gonna get worse if you're not gonna let it out. So please."

He pulls the blanket away again, and this time, he succeeds.

"I-I always knew t-that this day would come, but it still overwhelms m-me. I thought that t-those visions were gone, but I g-guess I was just too b-busy to have time to think about them."

He didn't know how to respond to what she just said, but instead, he hugs her frail little body.

"H-how long will this war l-last?" She asks.

"A few months ago, I heard of the war lasting for about a year or two." He replies.

"You'll be g-gone for that long?"

"Yes."

"What am I gonna tell the triplets?"

"I...don't know...maybe I was sent to go on a...year long mission?"

"I guess...but they'll realize soon."

"And if they do, you're gonna have to tell them the honest truth."

"I really will have to..."

The next morning:

Miya came over with Athena and Alucard, aware of the news. Alu was seen crying, looking at Athena and she was smiling at him, unaware of what was going on, and that seemed to hurt him even more.

"Why is Uncle Alucard crying?" Innocent Azalea asks.

"Why are all the adults crying?" Azrail asks.

No one replies to his question, and Miya whispers to Alucard,

"Since you know what is happening around here, it's clear that Athena wants to be like you. And if she does when you're gone, how will I teach her how to use swords?"

"Are you telling me that I have to teach a month old child how to use a sword?!"

"Well, yeah."

He facepalms and mutters, "Who's the idiot now?"

But he realizes that she's serious, and looks at his blue sword.

"We can give it a try."

So Miya puts Athena in the floor, and although it seems impossible, Athena walked straight forward.

"Since when did she learn how to walk?"

"How do you expect me to know?" Alucard replies.

He hands Athena his sword which could be dangerous in the wrong hands, namely, Azrail's hands.

Adding to the surprise, she carries it with ease.

"The Moon Goddess blessed my baby with strength!" Miya exclaims.

"Well, that would make a lot more sense." Alucard mutters.

Athena casually swings the sword around, but Alucard quickly takes it back so that no property would be destroyed.

"All that's left to do is to teach her." He says.

"Go outside or something." Granger says.

He brings Athena outside and she was seen whirling the sword around while Alucard supervised and taught her how to use it properly.