Chapter 51

For some reason, the fact that she was pregnant didn't sink in quite yet. A blank stare was visible on her face.

Granger noticed this and waved his hands in front of her.

"Hello? Is Guinevere there?"

"Mhm. She's here." She replies, snapping out of her thoughts.

"Nice. So what were you thinking about now?"

"Nothing, just the fact that I'm pregnant is enough to keep me thinking for a whole day. After this, our child will be our top priority. No more running off to bookstores." During that last part, she pouted.

"Haha yeah, no more bookstores, Guin." He teases, pinching her cheeks.

Guinevere glares at him. He remembers that she doesn't like him doing that.

"O-oh, sorry."

All he ever wanted was to help her through all this. Granger knew that being pregnant is extremely tiresome and painful, not that he ever tried.

Fully aware that Guinevere was in need of emotional support, he decided to ask Silvanna for a week long leave from work. It was not allowed, but he hoped that she would consider just this once. Guinevere was her best friend, after all.

"I'll go to the palace for a while to ask for a leave. Is that okay with you?" Granger asks.

"Noooo, please don't go...." She replies, clinging onto his arm.

"She's awfully clingy today." But he was considerate due to he fact that she has so many things going on in her head and so many emotions were felt at the same time.

"Look. I'll be back within at lease 2 hours. I'm just going to ask for a leave, okay?" He repeats, in a more gentle manner this time.

Guinevere nods, not saying a word.

"Thank you. I'll be going now."

As he leaves, Guinevere kept thinking about the many things that could keep her occupied for the whole nine moths that she'll be staying here, unable to go out.

"I could practice my violin, reread books, and do some chores."

However, she predicted that she would lose interest in those things easily.

Just like Granger said, they'll figure it out together.

Suddenly, she thought of the pain that she'll go through within being pregnant. Giving birth would be the most painful of them all. That only made her more scared.

A random person kicks the door open, but it wasn't Granger. In fact, that person was holding Granger's wrists.

That person asks him in front of her, "What did you do to my child?"

"Heh, looks like Silvanna came to visit." She thought.

"Guin, he's kidding right?" Silvanna asks.

"N-no..."

"Oh my Lunox you made my baby pregnant?" Shoving Granger into the room, that's what she says.

"No need to shove me, okay?" Granger replies, looking at his wrists. Guinevere looked at the clock and it's only been thirty minutes.

"Silvanna must have been so shook that she drove her car all the way here." She thought, and she was right. Silvanna's car was improperly parked on Granger's driveway.