Chapter 91

"M-me?" He stutters, pointing to himself.

"Yes. Last night taught me something new. No matter how much you love that person, and how much he/she loves you back, there's still a chance that they'll hurt you."

"Don't think that way. That situation was different, because he was cursed. Vexana hasn't cursed anyone here, Athena." He replies.

"But what if-"

"There is no what if. You're safe. And you'll be okay. That happened once,  I promise you it won't happen again." Azrail replies, taking Miya's arrow out of his bag and tapping her hair repeatedly. That made her laugh along with him, and no one bothered to notice, which was okay.

But Azrail was wrong. By the age of 11, Athena developed trust issues, and he was the only person she would ever talk to. Seems like she was greatly traumatized by that one night. In school, she didn't talk to anyone. No matter how friendly they were to her, she wouldn't reach out to them, and it was concerning.

"Athena, you have to spar with someone else. I can't be beside you all the time, you have to manage on your own." Azrail says, now age 12

"But what if-" she was interrupted by Mister Hanzo.

"This is your final exam. It's a 3v3. There will be a special battlefield, with turrets, bases, and creeps. I will be choosing your teams. Athena, Azrail, and Holly are on the blue team, and Kai, Willow, and Orion on the red team. Let's go." He says, teleporting them to some unknown location in the sky.

"We're teammates! Yay!" She exclaims, hugging him.

"I'll go...here." He says, pointing to bottom lane.

"I'll go with you!"

"No, go there." Azrail replies, directing her to mid lane.

"What if you need help? I could-"

"I'm fine. And I know you can manage too."

"F-fine..." she stutters, passing the jungle.

"Now that's done, I should destroy these turrets, just like what Mister Hanzo said."

The minions weren't that hard to kill, because they were weak and did no damage to anyone. His gun never ran out of bullets, so he kept shooting nonstop. And the new gun gave him incredible attack speed.

About 3 more hits until the turret was destroyed, but Orion came into view. Aiming his staff at Azrail, white swans started flying out of nowhere. They slowed him down, but the effect wore off soon. Anyway, they really hurt.

He thought that he was going to die, and when he did, he was taken to a room, where Athena sat, crying.

"Did I just die? Am I in heaven?" She asked herself.

"No, you're not. This is the resurrection room, where you wait. When you resurrect, all your wounds will be healed as if no one even hurt you in the first place." Mister Hanzo explains.

"Okay. How did you die, Athena?"

"Willow hit me, hehe." She replies, sitting down.

"Aww it's okay. You'll beat her eventually." He says, lighting up her hair over and over again.

"This is just so entertaining."

"It's not for me." Athena pouts, crossing her arms.

Suddenly, they appear on the base once again. Athena walks into mid lane, carrying her sword.

While she was there, all of her enemies come out from the bush. Scared, she tries to retreat, but she was immobilized by Orion.

The 3 approach the helpless Athena, who struggles to move. Kai started laughing at her, telling her that she was weak and helpless. She was so angry, that she just glared at them, as if waiting for something to happen. As if out of nowhere, a small dot appears above them.

"W-what is t-that?" Kai stutters, because of laughing.

She just smiles and watches him laugh at her. Suddenly, the moon crashes into the three, instantly killing them all. A female voice shouts, "TRIPLE KILL!"

Azrail, from bottom lane, heads over to mid lane, checking what happened.

As the immobilization effect wore off, Athena ran to him and gave him a big hug.

"Did you do that?"

"Yeah!"

"That was...amazing."