Chapter 77

"Love you too...Dad." Athena says, holding her sword like it was her source of oxygen.

"I'm sorry to hear that, Athena." Azrail replies, hugging his friend.

Granger looks at Guinevere, surprised that his son hugs people now.

"He...only hugs her." Guinevere whispers.

"They really must be close."

"They really are."

"I...can't believe he's g-gone..." Athena whispers, in tears, in Azrail's arms.

"I...can't believe it either." He replies, feeling sad, but not as sad as his friend Athena.

Miya just stood there, crying. She didn't hug anyone, and Guinevere understood that there was no need to hug her, because sometimes, she just needed time alone.

"W-well, I guess we should move back to our house because the war is over, Athena, p-pack your bags."

"But I don't wanna go... I wanna stay with Azrail!" She cries.

"You can visit me anytime you want, our houses are only a few blocks away, and besides, you have to stay with your mom." He says.

"Alright." Athena sighs, in defeat,

She takes her backpack that was laid on the couch, and walked upstairs, because she shared a room with the triplets, and she sleeps on the floor with a mere pillow and blanket. Azrail volunteered to let her sleep in his bed instead, but she said she was fine with it. In fact, she seemed closer to Azrail than she was to Miya, her own mother.

"Do I really have to leave?" She asks Azrail, her back facing him, packing her clothes and toys.

"You can't stay here, you need to be with your mother." He replies, a bit disappointed himself.

"Aww I'll miss you too much., and I won't have anyone to hug... but when dad was here..." Athena pouts, hugging him, again.

"I'll miss you too."

"Athena, we should get going now..." Miya calls from downstairs.

"I guess I have to go now. Bye..." She says.

"B-bye."

"Love you..." she murmurs, but enough for Azrail to hear.

He couldn't reply, because he choked on his own words. But she said it in a friend kind of way.

Following Athena downstairs, he hated seeing her go like that.

When the door closed, and Miya drove away, this was the time to catch up with his dad, since he was closest to Granger, while Azalea and Lilith were closer to their mother.

"So, how was the war?" He asks, looking at his dad.

"It was...chaotic."

"Who survived?" He inquires, hoping to know more.

"Well, amongst all those who fought in the war, only Princess Silvanna, Tigreal, his little sister Fanny, some leonin guy named Harith, and I."

"I'll miss Uncle Alucard..." Lilith says.

"We all will. But he's in a better place now." Guinevere chimed in, sitting on the dining room table.

"Agreed." Azalea replies.

"Miya and Athena will grieve the most. After all, he's part of their family." Granger says.

In Athena's house

Miya and Athena said nothing to each other, too sad to even talk. Plus, Miya didn't even try comforting her own daughter, because she was too sad to do so.

Her father's sword was now her sword, and she walked back to her own room, closed the curtains, turned on the lights, and threw herself on the bed, hugging the heavy sword, and recalling all the memories that she had with her dad that passed away.

From downstairs, she could hear her mom crying, and didn't even care. She looked at the photos that were framed on her bedside table, and they were of her and Alucard, so happy. The other one, was with Miya, and they too looked happy. But without Alucard, this family was never going to be the same ever again.