Chapter 84

"Kai!" A feminine voice shouts, it was him mom, Kagura.

"Mom? What are you doing here?" He asks, still on the ground.

"Just wanted to check on you, and I see this. Look at that! You made that little girl cry!" She exclaims, pointing to Athena.

"Mom, I-"

"I raised a child, not a talking animal!" She screams, pinching his ear.

"Ow! That hurts!" He cries, and seeing him like that made Athena feel better and stop crying.

"Most importantly, I didn't raise a spawn from the Abyss!" She screams, pinching his ear more.

Kai cries and begs for mercy, but Kagura shows no sign of stopping.

When she finally did, she dusted her hands and walked away in a fancy manner, out of the academy.

"Well that was entertaining." Athena says, wiping her tears.

"You're not so tough after all." Azrail adds.

"You'll pay for this...Azrail."

The school bell rings, and all the students stand straight as their teacher enters.

"For your first day, all of you, will spar. Get to know each other's tactics, then the lesson begins. Don't spar with the same person all day, you may change sparring partners every once in a while. Begin!"

Azrail and Athena smile at each other, for they've been doing this for years.

"Wanna be my sparring partner?" Athena asks, running her hands on her sword.

"Sure." He replies, reloading his bullets.

They choose a spot on the left to spar, and began, under the supervision of Mister Hanzo, of course.

Azrail had to shoot more bullets at a time, because Athena was already charging at him, but this was the fastest he could ever shoot.

Panicking, he dodges her attack just in the nick of time. Athena didn't notice and bumped into the wall behind him, and her sword flew across the room. Her teacher catches it and says, "Be careful, you might hurt somebody by accident."

"Will do sir." She replies, a bit scared because of Mister Hanzo's scary voice.

"Well that was an easy win." Azrail laughs, patting her head.

"Dumb luck."

Kai approaches her and taps her shoulder.

"I would like to spar with you, Athena."

"Sure!" She replies, walking with him.

Azrail was behind the two, gritting his teeth. Kai looks back at Azrail, a stupid grin on his face.

He just sat there, alone. Watching Athena spar with Kai made him mad.

Mister Hanzo notices this and approaches the boy.

"Why aren't you sparring?" He asks.

"I don't have a sparring partner. Athena's with Kai."

"Well then, why don't you spar with me for now?"

"That would be okay." Azrail replies.

"Why don't you attack first?"

"If you say so, sir."

He shoots his magical bullets forward, but his Teacher's sword, Ame no Habakiri absorbed them all. He then levitates and a demon charges out oh his body.

The demon hits Azrail's back, over and over again. Finally, he falls to the ground, tired from fighting.

"Good job for a first try, Azrail. You'll get better someday. And look, your friend just finished fighting too." He says, walking towards other students.

"What happened to you?" Azrail asks, looking at Athena who had scratches all over her face and arms. Plus, she was limping.

"I...lost." She replies.

"We both lost." He says, treating his wounds with bandages.

"O-oh...I forgot to bring bandages. I thought we wouldn't have to fight today."

"I have an extra roll, you can use them if you want."

"Really? T-thanks." Athena replies, taking the roll and wrapping her arms with them.

"Alright class, sit down and I'll tell you what we're gonna be doing tomorrow." The stern voice of Mister Hanzo is heard once again, and the students take a seat on the floor.

"Tomorrow, you will have a partner fighting with you. That way, it's a duo. Pairs will fight each other, and that will be your first test. You will be graded on your effort to defeat the opposing team. Before I dismiss you, I will be pairing you. Athena and Kai, Azrail and Willow. They will be the only ones who will fight tomorrow. In the morning, planning. In the afternoon, the sparring. Class dismissed." Azrail looks at Willow, who was behind him. The daughter of Wanwan and Ling.

Athena hugged Azrail and said, "Good luck tomorrow." Then she walked away.