Chapter 39

Guinevere walks down the aisle together with her father, with multiple things going on in her head.

Granger was already waiting for her by the altar.

Father and daughter part ways, leaving her to walk to Granger.

Meanwhile, he was fidgeting. He didn't know how to respond. "She looks so beautiful."

Estes was today's priest.

(A/N: I'm so sorry if I'm wrong, I don't know how weddings work so please bear with me.)

They sat beside each other, listening to all the things Estes had to say.

"Do you, Guinevere Baroque, take Granger as your husband?" Estes asks.

"I do." She replies.

"And do you, Granger, take Guinevere Baroque as your wife?"

"I do." He replies.

"Very well. You may now kiss the bride."

Granger turns to Guinevere, who looks back at him.

He could already tell she was nervous.

Granger removes her veil, and kisses her. She then closes her eyes, kissing back.

It was time for Guinevere to throw the bouquet to the bridesmaids. She does so, and it so happened that Miya caught it.

"That's no surprise." Granger whispers.

Everyone cheers for the newlyweds, and they both walk down the aisle, together, this time.

Taking a break, they both go to Guinevere's room.

"That was...nerve-wrecking...but wonderful at the same time." She says, closing the door behind them.

"You said it right." Granger replied, sitting in her bed.

"You may take your tux off, and I will do the same with my dress. But, we have to put it back on at 6:00. The reception will be at 6:30 in the evening."

He looks at the clock on her bedside table, and it was only 3:45.

"Okay."

Walking into her dressing room, she takes off her dress, while Granger does so in his "hiding spot". Guinevere puts on her casual dress once again.

When she exited her dressing room, with dress in hand, Granger was already finished.

"Oh and Princess, I have a surprise for you later."

"What is it?" She asks.

"If I told you, it wouldn't be a surprise."

"I'm exhausted." Guinevere says, lying down on her bed.

Granger pulls a chair and places it beside her bed.

He sits down, and plays with her hair while she lies down, talking with her at the same time.

"Do you need to sleep? I can leave if you want."

"No, please stay, I don't need to sleep, I just want to lie down for a while."

"Alright then."

She replies to all his questions and comments, all while thinking to herself.

"What's gonna happen after this?"

As she asked that question, that darned vision started replaying again.

"No no...not in front of him..."

Trying to ignore it, she continues to talk to Granger.

After a few hours, Granfer tells Guinevere:

"It's 6:00. You should change back into your wedding dress."

"Yeah, I should."

Getting up, she walks back to her dressing room.

Once finished, Granger, back in his tuxedo, takes Guinevere's hand and walks over to the stairs leading to the ballroom.