Chapter 67

"Mhm." Guinevere sarcastically hums, not paying attention.

"Let's make this quick."

Guinevere looks at her son, who instantly reloads the gun and starts shooting more dummies.

"Hey! I was just about to knock those down!" Lilith pouts.

"You were just too slow." He replies.

At the courtyard, Azalea was extremely tired, for the cannon was thrice her size and she had to carry it around all afternoon.

"Can I rest now?" She asks.

"Of course, you've learned a lot today." He replies.

"And I burned down a lot of stuff." She adds, looking at a fourth of the courtyard which was covered in ashes.

"I have a feeling your mom's gonna get really mad."

"Me too."

They ran back to the bedroom to just relax for a while.

Guinevere, Lilith, and Azrail took a longer time to get back because Lilith found it difficult to knock down multiple dummies at once. But eventually, she got the hang of it.

"So, how did it go?" Granger asks, when the three walk into the room.

"It was really fun. Those dummies were no challenge." Azrail confidently says, holding his father's gun.

"And Gusion is a much bigger challenge than those dummies. He doesn't just stand there and wait for you to attack, he IS the one who attacks." Granger replies, taking back the gun.

"Look what I can do, Dad!" Lilith exclaims, red orbs appearing on her hands.

Suddenly, all the books start flying off the bookshelves, circling around her.

"I wonder if she can lift people." He thought.

Without warning, Lilith lifts him up into the air.

"Don't test me."

Guinevere coughs at the quote.

"I taught her how to read minds." She adds.

"My thoughts!" He exclaims.

"It could be useful so she can predict someone's next move." Guinevere explains.

"But Guin, my thoughts! My most personal thoughts!"

Lilith gasps and says, "I could use it to know dad's secrets."

"No. My secrets are my secrets. Don't you dare try. Guin, why? My thoughts are sacred!"

"Mhm. Yeah, sAcrED."

Lilith puts her father down and all the books fly back into their previous places.

"You're gonna have to control your thoughts Granger." Guinevere says, slightly nudging him with her elbow.

"I don't know what you're-"

She looks at him with one eyebrow raised. He just gave in and shut up.

"Mom, I'm gonna show you what I can do with my cannon!"

"No Azalea not in the-"

*Kaboom*

There was a huge hole in Guinevere's huge window that overlooked the garden and the front gates.

"KADITA!" (Still quoted from MadameBella418 )

Once the fire was extinguished, Azalea realizes what she did.

"Oops."

"Never mind that." She chants an extremely long spell, and magically, the hole disappears.

"Simple repairing spell, really." Guinevere adds.

"If only I could fix my problems like that..." Granger murmurs.