Chapter 59

This went on for 2 more months, with Miya coming over at the same time every morning or so. Sometimes, Alucard would come over when Granger didn't have work and they both would just start talking for hours.

According to the doctors, Guinevere's baby was due in a week or two, and she was excited and nervous.

Miya and Guinevere were just casually reading books downstairs, then she felt something pop inside of her.

She couldn't react immediately at first, so she just dropped her book and blankly stared at the wall.

Miya started to get concerned and asked her, "What's wrong?"

"I-I think my water broke."

"WHAT?!" She grabbed Guinevere's wrist and rushed her inside her car.

Miya stepped on the gas so hard she could have broken it. And the car sped off the driveway.

A few minutes in the car, Guinevere was breathing heavily, and Miya knew she wasn't going fast enough. She flew by a bunch of stop lights, not caring if she was going to jail after this.

She barges into the hospital desk, leaving Guinevere in the car for a while and shouts, "My friend here is about to give birth!"

Nurses take Guinevere into the maternity room, leaving Miya to interrupt Granger's mission and tell him.

She walks into Silvanna's office, and says, "Guinevere is about to give birth. Where's Granger?"

"He's...accomplishing a mission in the border of the Abyss and the Empire.

"That shouldn't be far away." She thought. However, she still needed to hurry.

On the way there, Miya was a threat to the safety of everyone there. She nearly crashed her car thrice.

She arrived at Granger's supposed location, and lucky enough for her, he just killed another blood demon.

"Miya? What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be taking care of Guin?"

"That's the thing! She's in the hospital, about to give birth!"

"Excuse me what?" He asks, throwing Miya into the back seat of the car and taking the wheel.

"Does he even know how to drive?"

Surprisingly enough, he doesn't. But he spends no time trying to figure out the controls and just stepping on the gas and rushing into traffic.

Miraculously, they made it out unscathed.

Entering the hospital once again, Miya helped Granger find the maternity ward, where she saw the nurses bring Guinevere there.

The door had no glass, so Granger couldn't see anything. He started to get worried and began to bang the door.

"L-Let me i-in..." he cried.

Miya just calmly waited on one of the chairs, that's what Granger saw. Her head hung low, and she said nothing.

"How c-could you be so calm in t-this situation?" He asks, tears falling down his face.

"The thing is...I'm not."

Miya lifts her head to reveal tears forming in her eyes.

Suddenly, Alucard bursts into the scene.

"Silvanna just told me. Where's Guin?"

Granger and Miya point to the closed door.

"O-oh..."

5 nerve-wrecking hours passed by, and they were all silent, secretly praying that she would be okay.

A nurse comes out from the room, and Granger immediately stands up and asks, "Is she alright?"

"I assume you are Guinevere Baroque's husband, and these two are her friends. To answer your question, she is doing alright. You may enter the room now."

The three do so, and they find Guinevere on the hospital bed, with 3 children wrapped in blankets peacefully sleeping.