Chapter 98

"Thank you so much. I hate her stupid spells." Azrail says.

"Hah, no problem. Let's go!" She replies.

The two happily make their way to Athena's house, and greet Miya.

"Hello, Mom! We're back!"

"Hello! You guys can take a seat over there, while I go clean up a bit." Miya says, pointing to the living room.

They do as told, and start talking.

"You know, I'm excited for next school year. Maybe we'll have new classmates!" Azrail exclaims.

"Well I guess that would be nice..." Athena replies.

"Hey, what's wrong? You sound so sad."

"Do you think that someone out there actually loves me?" She asks.

He blushes and says, "I...don't know..."

"We can only pray, huh?"

"Yeah...I don't know anyone who would love me either." He replies, looking down.

"It's okay! You'll find someone soon!" Athena assures him, giving a pat on the back.

"Really? T-thanks."

"Anytime."

"Athena, isn't it Valentine's Day tomorrow?"

"Hmmm...oh yeah! I forgot! Don't forget the 'tradition'." She says.

Their so called tradition, is when they spend a whole day together, as friends, celebrating their single lives. Athena loves to silently mock random couples and talk in weird voices, while Azrail just sits beside her and laughs.

"Oh I wouldn't forget the tradition. How many years have we been doing that?" Azrail asks.

"I think it's been 5 years." Athena replies.

"Wow. Have we been friends for that long?"

"Longer, actually. You were just a week old when I first met you. I didn't talk to you much because I didn't like babies. But when you grew a bit older, I started to want to become friends with you." He explains.

"It's been so...long." She murmurs.

"Indeed. You're a really nice person, I'd be surprised if no one liked you."

"I'd rather spend Valentine's Day doing the tradition with you than be someone's girlfriend."

He blushes a shade of tomato red.

"What's wrong? Did I say something to offend you?" Athena asks.

"N-nothing...just really, really tired?" He replies, trying to find an excuse.

"Okay. I wanna show you something." She says, grabbing his wrists and dragging him outside.

"We just rested!" He pouts.

"It's not that far away, come on."

Athena leads him to a secluded garden.

"I found this yesterday when I snuck out to walk for a while." She explains.

"You...sneak out?"

"Sometimes when I can't fall asleep, I take a midnight stroll. My hair makes a good flashlight. Plus, no one is around to see it."

"But you could get hurt! Maybe even kidnapped!" Azrail exclaims, sounding concerned.

"Do you really think that people would wanna kidnap a 11 year old carrying a big sword?"

"Well, no-"

"See?"

He realizes that she was right, but he was still concerned for his friend.

There was a mini waterfall flowing down to a pond. Sunflowers grew all over the place, together with matthiola incanas, Guinevere's favorite flower.

"This place is...so breathtaking." He says, looking around.

"I knew you'd like it."

Suddenly, Athena hears the distant calling of her mother.

"I have to go, my mom needs me. You can stay here for a bit." She says.

"Okay." He replies.

The place was really isolated, and it was really peaceful too. The sound of the waterfall soothed him, and he was glad that this was Athena's and his place only, no one else knew about it.

Azrail noticed a small entrance behind the waterfall. He went towards it and inside was a cave, it would make a good hiding spot.

It was pretty dark, so he decided to ask Lilith for some help.

"Give me light orbs." He says, once he arrived home.

"Really? What for?" She asks.

"Nothing. Just give me some." Azrail replies.

"Uhm...okay. Here they are. They don't turn off, ever, so don't worry about anything." Lilith replies, handing him a jar and some vials of liquid.

"Thanks."

Running back to the garden, he places the orbs around the ceiling of the cave, using the concoctions that Lilith gave him

"Athena would like this." He told himself, using the liquid in the vials to color the orbs blue.