Chapter 94

"Huh. At least we don't have to wake up so early in the morning, it's summer break." She tells Azrail, who yawns.

"Mhm you got that right."

"Hey, what do you wanna do today?" Athena asks, folding her blankets.

"I don't really know. We can just do whatever, I guess." He replies, helping her.

"So that means we can spar?"

"It's summer break, and I wanna relax."

"Aww...please?" She pouts, really wanting to spar with him for like the hundredth time.

"Fine." He sighs, giving up.

The two go downstairs to find Miya already cooking food.

"Good morning, I cooked some bacon and eggs today." She says, handing Azrail a plate with 5 bacon strips and 1 sunny side up.

"You cook way better that my dad." Azrail says, hungrily munching on the food.

"Hahah thanks." Miya laughs, giving Athena her own food.

"Mom, I think Azrail and I are finished eating, so we'll go now-"

"But I'm not yet done!" He replies, stuffing the food into his mouth.

"No, you are. Now let's go spar!"

"Kids..." Miya murmurs, but Athena was able to hear since she was right beside her.

"I'm not a kid, I'm a grown adult!"

"Yeah. gRowN adUlT." Azrail mocks, putting the dishes in the sink as he walks out of the house.

"You like him, don't you, Athena?"

"N-no..." she replies, following her friend.

A feet away from the meadow, the sound of weapons clashing against each other was heard. The two creep wrong the bushes, trying to see what was going on. It was just Holly and Kai, fighting again.

"Why do they always fight?" Athena asks.

"Both of their dads were enemies. Each of them were told different sides of the argument, so that's why they fight." Azrail explains.

Suddenly, Hanzo and Hayabusa appear, watching their children fight. They were also talking. The conversation went something like this:

"Your son hasn't beaten my daughter at least once! What have you been teaching him, how to sleep?!"

"Tch. Like you or your wife knew anything about training."

"Are you really gonna say that to Hanabi? You guys were friends! And she liked you, but you completely ignored that!"

Flashback, to Hanabi, Hanzo, and Hayabusa's childhood.

"H-hey...Hayabusa?" Says Hanabi, still 15 at that time.

"Yeah? What do you need?"

"I...want to tell you something..."

"Really? What is it?" He asks, waiting for her to say something. Hanabi pulls out a pink envelope and says,

"Hayabusa...I-"

"Oh sorry Hanabi, Kagura is calling for me. Can we talk later?"

"S-sure..." she stutters, trying to hold back tears.

"Thanks! See you later!" He says, waving goodbye, not knowing that it hurt her.

"There is no more later, Haya-kun." Hanabi whispers.

She sat down on the grass, her back leaning on a cherry blossom tree. Tears started to fall, while still holding the letter she was about to give Hayabusa.

She was furious that he just left before she was gonna say something important. So she just cried. Little did she know that there was someone on the other side of the tree, simply meditating.

"I..,hate you...Haya-kun." Hanabi mutters, as she punches the tree trunk.

Leaves and flowers fall all over the place, making the boy aware of Hanabi's presence.

He decides to make his was to her side, where he sees her crying, and ripping up what seemed to be an envelope.

"Why are you crying?" Hanzo asks.

She jumps because she was startled and calmly replied with, "I wanted to tell my friend that I liked him...but he completely ignored me and went off with Kagura, the umbrella lady."

"Sometimes, people just don't get it. Stop crying, its in a be okay. You can forget about him. My name's Hanzo. What's yours?"

"H-Hanabi..."

"Wanna be friends, Hanabi?"

"Sure!" She replies, getting up and drying her tears.

End of Flashback

"Hanabi...liked me?"