Chapter 27

She didn't know how to respond to what Granger had just said.

"Answer me, Guinevere." He repeats.

"I guess..." she mutters, loud enough for him to hear.

"I don't want you to think that..."

She was still trying to maintain her distance from him, because she was still incredibly traumatized. So she slowly backed away.

"H-hey...come here, Guin."

"N-no..."

"Look, I'm sorry for my sudden outburst earlier."

She looked at him, tears welling up in her eyes.

"I'm really sorry, okay?" He says, slowly approaching her.

Guinevere didn't budge.

Granger is finally close enough to at least hug Guinevere. "Hey, tell me anything. You can even take out your rage on me, it's okay, I'll gladly take it all."

"I can't even bring myself to get mad at you." She replies.

"Tell me whatever's on your mind then."

"Fine. Granger, ever since you woke up from your coma, you've changed."

"Changed?"

"Yeah, I feel like we're growing farther apart from each other every single day..."

"Oh...I never knew you felt that way." He says, lifting her face to inspect on the red mark on her cheek.

Guinevere still tried to avoid eye contact."

"It's been hours, and it's still red..." he murmurs.

"It still stings you know."

"Okay, now I feel really bad..."

Granger slowly caresses Guinevere's cheek, trying not to make it sting.

"I'm sorry for following you earlier, I knew I shouldn't have."

Instead of replying, Granger hugs Guinevere once again, and this time, Guinevere hugs back.

"Even though I got mad at you earlier, I still love you, Princess." He says.

"I love you too."

Granger didn't feel sleepy at all, but Guinevere, fell asleep in Granger's arms. He notices this and decides to fall asleep with her, still hugging her.

The next morning, Guinevere was the one who woke up first. "Granger, wake up."

"Oh, alright."

"Same as usual?" She asks, referring to him going off to Alucard's again.

"No, I'm not going today. I want to spend time with you."