Chapter 78

The next day, Azrail asked permission from his mom and dad, because he wanted to visit Athena.

"Sure, be back in two hours." Guinevere replies.

"Will do, mom."

As he left, Granger speaks up.

"I think it's a ship."

"Nonsense. We'll just have to wait and see."

On the way there, Azrail thought to himself.

"How will I cheer her up? I can't relate to the feeling of losing a family member, but...I guess I'll just have to be with her throughout all this."

He knocks on the door, but no one answers. He looks through the window, and there was nobody there. Miya must have slept late last night.

Luckily, the door was open, and he was smart enough to know that Athena would already be awake at 7:30 in the morning.

Seeing her bedroom door, he knocks. Azrail hears a soft, "Come in".

"H-hey...how are you feeling?"

"Dead." She replies, in her black and blue pajamas.

"Don't say that...you'll be fine!"

"Does it look like I'm gonna be fine?!" She shouts, hiding under her blanket.

"I can't relate much to the feelings that you are feeling right now, but just so you know, I'm just here. You can tell me anything you want, I'm always gonna be here to listen." He says, patting her head.

"Hahaha stop that." Athena laughs, removing his hand from her head.

She laughed. He thought.

"Y-you always find a way to make me laugh, even if I'm like this..." she stutters.

"You've been in your room for a while now, haven't you?" He asks.

"I haven't been out since yesterday afternoon." Athena replies.

"It's not good for you to be in here for so long. You should go outside. Wanna go to my house?"

"Well, sure."

She gets up and looks for some clothes to wear, while Azrail sits on her bed, folding up her blanket and fixing her bed.

"Do you mind?" She asks, because she needed to change.

"Uhh yeah. I'll wait for you outside." Azrail replies.

About 5 minutes later, Athena comes outside, with a blue shirt and a black skirt.

"Mom, I'm gonna go to-"

"Just go." Miya replies.

Athena was startled with her mother's answer, but simply replied with, "Okay."

In Azrail's house

"Hey, son! Oh! And you brought Athena with you!" Granger says, in the living room, fixing his gun while Guinevere was washing dishes.

"I had to bring her with me...because she wasn't able to go out since yesterday afternoon." Azrail explains.

Athena was always curious, so she sat on the sofa across the one Granger was sitting on and asked, "Why d-did Dad d-die?"

"He...saved me. Honestly, I think it was...m-my fault t-that your dad died..." he stutters, feeling quite guilty.