Chapter 3

"Was I not supposed to ask that?" Granger asks, feeling quite guilty.

"No...its just that...my parents don't exactly treat me like a daughter. They treat like the future heir to the kingdom. Nothing more, nothing less. That's why I told you that my life was already planned for me."

"I feel really bad for you. I'm sorry that you have to go through so much, but you're such an amazing person. In my opinion, I think it was right of you to run away. No one should be treated that way."

"Thanks. I really do owe you my life for offering to hide me here."

"Guinevere, you need to train in case they invade this house. What can you do to defend yourself?" He asks.

"I can do burst magic." Guinevere replies proudly. "Good. You can practice with these training dummies." He says.

After a few minutes of chatting, it was time to sleep. Guinevere sleeps in the guest room, while Granger sleeps in his own room.

"Good night Granger." "Good night princess." He replies. "I told you not to call me that already." She says. "Just teasing." He says, petting Guinevere on the head and slightly messing up her orange locks. In response to that, she childishly pouts and walks to the bedroom.

That night, Guinevere had a dream. She dreamt of her parents and Gusion as well. They were looking for her, searching everywhere, and asking everyone if they have ever seen her but to no avail, for no one has seen the Princess. She then saw them in the woods, spotting her small shelter, she knew that they were quite close. Suddenly, she woke up, feeling like it wasn't just a dream. And then, she recalled. "My visions. They're coming back. No...please don't come here, I just want to live a normal life..." she says, sobbing.

"I should tell Granger." She thought. "However, it would be rude to wake him up."

She enters his room, and tries her best to not startle him when she wakes him.

"Uhm...Granger? H-hello?"

"Hmmm? Oh. It's you. What's wrong?" He asks. "I had a dream... they're coming. I think I'm in danger." "Oh no. Train as much as you can tomorrow. They might come in at any moment." "Can't we just leave and go hide someone else?" "Where do we go?"

"I...don't know." Guinevere answers. "See? Let's stay here, and prepare." "Yes. I guess you're right." Guinevere says, heading back to the room. Suddenly, Granger's arms wrap around her waist and pull her closer to him.

"What's the meaning of this Granger?" "Don't you want to have someone stay with you?" "W-well..." she stammers, blushing like mad. Luckily, he wasn't able to see it for it was quite dark.

Because she was made to sleep beside Granger, she wasn't able to sleep at all.

"I think I like him..."

"Are you feeling okay now, Princess?" He asks the next morning. "Y-yes." She replies. Lately, she's been thinking about Granger. If she told him that she liked him, would he even like her back?

"Are you sure?" He asks again, noticing her expression. "No need to worry about me, I'll train all day, just as you instructed." "Alright, but do be careful."

"I would say the same to you. Not all the demons are that easy to kill."