Chapter 10

Once Guinevere finished her duties downstairs, she immediately ran back up to check on Granger again.

"Hello? Granger?" She says, opening the secret room. "Oh, you're back." He replies. "It was very exhausting, I think I'm gonna hide here for a few hours." Guinevere then takes a bunch of food and water and closes the secret door.

"So...you're hiding, why?" Granger asks. "I wanna be alone for a while."

"But I'm literally right beside you. Should I leave or something?"

"No, please stay. I feel safe around you." Guinevere replies. Granger couldn't help but blush at the princess' comment. "Are you alright? You seem to be...blushing." She asks. "No n-need to worry about m-me." He stutters.

"Granger, I don't want to be married to Gusion, he's a horrible person." Guinevere says. "And she can't do anything about it." He thought.

"But I don't have a say in anything anymore." Guinevere sobs.

"Oh...it's okay, I'll still be here for you." Granger replies. Allowing her to lie down on his lap, he gently strokes her hair while she cries, attempting to comfort her. Suddenly, they hear voices outside. "They must be looking for her." He murmurs. Luckily, the voices disappeared after a few seconds.

"H-hey Guinevere...can I tell you something?" Granger asks. "S-sure." She replies, still crying. "Please don't laugh okay?" "Oh come on. W-why would I l-laugh?"

"I love you."

Shocked, Guinevere instantly gets up, wipes of her tears and just stares at Granger. Trying to break the silence, he says, "What was I thinking? You're gonna be married next week and I-"

Guinevere randomly hugs him and asks, "You really do?" "Of course." He replies, stroking her hair once more. "I still love you too." She replies.

"But Granger, even if I told them that I loved someone else, my parents would still be forced to be with Gusion."

"Not if I do anything about it."

"Wait, what are you planning?" "I will talk to your parents." Granger replies.

"Are you crazy? They wouldn't listen to me, let alone you."

That seemed to discourage Granger. But he still wanted to try. "Pretty sure they would place you back in the dungeon right before you would even get to speak." She thought.

"I won't do it now though. Maybe later." Guinevere sighed in relief, because she was aware that her parents were not in the mood for that right now.

"Thanks for everything Granger." She says as she gently kisses him.

Granger is speechless. Guinevere then exits and closes the door. "Goodnight."