Chapter 12

"Guinevere, I can't just leave you here." Granger says. "No, leave. I'll be okay. I can even accompany you until we reach the castle gates." She replies.

"But I-"

"No, I said, leave. No buts." Guinevere insists. "O-okay..."

Since no one was around, they were able to just walk around without being caught. Once they reached the "border", Guinevere hugs Granger tight and says, "I love you so much Granger, I'll miss you." "Same here." He replies.

Granger passes the border, looking back at her one last time. She begins to cry, knowing that she will never be able to see him again. Suddenly, Granger grabs hold of her wrist.

"It won't work..." She says. "Right."

Pulling her, she's able to go out. "Granger? What did you do?"

"Simple. I undid the spell." Her mother exclaims, popping up from nowhere. "Why?" Guinevere asks, hoping for a explanation.

"You see, Granger talked to us earlier, and we understood him. We all expected you to go and look for him, so when we saw you approach, we staged a conversation. Granger here, has good acting skills."

"Uhm...surprise?" He says, quite awkwardly.

"We're sorry for putting you through all that, Guinevere." Her father apologizes.

"We're allowing you to be with Granger." Her mother concludes.

"T-thank you..."

"No problem dear."

"Should we get going Guinevere?" Granger asks. "Yes, we should."

Then the couple walked away from the castle, hand in hand.

Once they arrived, Guinevere was exhausted. Granger let her lie down on the couch for a while, while he prepared their dinner.

"Granger? How did you convince them?" She asks. "Well, I simply told them how you felt."

"Wow. That never worked for me."

"By the way Guinevere, what about Gusion? Is he gonna be alright with the fact that you're not gonna be marrying him?"

"I'm not actually sure, but you know, even if I worked things out with my parents, I still don't feel like I want to be that close to them."

Granger then finishes cooking dinner. After a few minutes of eating and chatting, they both head off to bed, with Guinevere sleeping in the guest room once again.

The next morning, Granger told Guinevere that he had to go back to work. "So soon?" She asks, childishly pouting. "Yes. Although Alice is dead, the Abyss has chosen a new ruler. Her son, Dyrroth, has taken over, and he's just as powerful. Some say that he may attack the kingdom when we least expect it. So it's my job to kill any spies lurking around here." He explains, messing her hair up.

"Be careful then. Bye!" Guinevere says, hugging him.