Chapter 29

"You really had to hurt him, Guin." Granger says.

"Yes, of course! Give me a good reason why I shouldn't have done that."

"Hmmm...let's see. He's already been arrested. Isn't that enough of a punishment already?" He asks.

"Nope. I doN't RegReT iT." Guinevere replies.

"Come on, seriously?"

"Hehe, yeah."

"You've picked up quite an attitude since I've been gone." He adds.

"It just feels, different...after your coma. It's like, nothing will ever be the same again."

"Wait, I'm fine! Anything else bothering you?"

"No, it really enraged me when Gusion admitted that he tried to kill you. Why weren't you mad?"

"I am, but I just don't show it. Also, who wouldn't want you?" He says, pinching Guinevere's cheeks.

"Uhm...I don't know. H-hey! That hurts!" She exclaims, rubbing both of her cheeks.

"Guinevere, as you know, the Abyss is planning on attacking very soon. And if I do, I'll have to-"

"Fight..." She finishes his sentence for him.

"Right."

"Will you be okay?" She asks.

"I...can't answer that." Granger replies.

Finally, they arrive home. Since it's still 10:00 in the morning, they decide to talk for a bit more before Guinevere has to cook lunch.

"What are all these books about?" He asks, referring to all the books scattered around the living room.

"Well, there are different topics. Some are about magic, some are about history, and some, demons." Guinevere replies.

"Guinevere? Do you have any violin pieces here?"

"Yeah, I have one, right...here!" She exclaims, grabbing a thick hardcover book.

Granger flips through the pages, and is quite disappointed. "I-I don't know how to play any of these...they're too...complicated."

"What? Nonsense."

Guinevere runs up and comes down with her violin. "Hand over the book, please."

He does as told, and she plays a random piece. Guinevere places it down, and starts playing.

Granger watches in shock. "How does she know how to play such a difficult song?"

"Simple practice, really." She replies.

"Okay, Princess. You can stop playing now." He says, gently putting the violin down and placing it back in its case for her.

"Do you not like the sound of me playing?" She asks.

"No, I just feel ashamed because I played for years, and you've only played for a few weeks or months, and your better than me already."

Guinevere bursts out in laughter.

"Not funny, Guin."

"Oh really? Sorry."

"It's fine." He says as he hugs her.