Chapter 22

On the way to the treasure room, Guinevere couldn't help but think, "Hopefully this is enough to help me pay for Granger's hospital bill or something."

They were already in the hallway, and she was really excited. When they reached the door to the treasure room, Silvanna says, "Well, here we are! In here, you will find one of the most precious jewels in the whole Moniyan Empire."

All of a sudden, she feels the presence of another person near her. "Silvanna? Is there anyone else here?"

"Well, none that I know of."

"Then who else-"

Guinevere feels someone grab her by the stomach tightly. "Silvanna! Help me! I'm gonna get kidnapped!" She exclaims as she flails her arms around, hoping to injure the person.

Silvanna only laughed at Guinevere's reaction, then the unknown person says, "Its just me, Princess."

Shock is visible in Guinevere's face. She thought, "There's only one person who calls me that. It's-"

"Granger!" Guinevere shouts, hugging him as she turns around.

"This is the surprise, Guin. You happy?" Asks Silvanna.

"Happy? I'm overjoyed!" She replied, still hugging Granger.

"You're hugging me too tight..."

"Hold on. The doctors said that you were gonna be in a coma for 5-7 months, how are you here?"

"Wow, are you not happy to see me?"

"No, not that, I'm just wondering, why?"

Silvanna speaks up. "I was able to talk to the doctors while you were on your mission with Alucard. Something amazing happened to Granger that time. He woke up. They believe that because of Guinevere's daily visits and frequent one-way conversations with him, he was able to wake up."

"I was able to hear everything you said to me, but I couldn't respond." He adds.

"Guin, are you still sure about becoming a demon hunter?" Asks Silvanna.

"Because she said that she would take my place until I am okay, I don't think she'll need to do that anymore." replies Granger.

"But I've gotten so good at using your gun!" Guinevere pouts.

"Wait, what? Okay, that part I did not hear you say at all."

"I believe you two need time alone?"

"Yes, we do." Replies Guinevere.

"Okay then, both of you are dismissed."

Back at Granger's house

"Granger, Gusion did this to you, I'll never be able to forgive him."

"But won't he stand trial for his crimes? I've heard that he'll spend his lifetime in prison." He says, a smirk forming in his face.

"Oh really? But...after all he's done, I think he deserves more than just a lifetime in prison."

"Yeah...but, I think we're gonna have to go back to the castle."

"Why? You know what I feel about that place."

"No,no. This time, it's your decision."