Chapter 85

They were at the front of the Academy, waiting for Miya to pick them up. Her blue car came into view, and the kids make their way to the car, still limping.

On the way back home, Athena told her mom about tomorrow, and of course, Kai and what he did to her this morning.

"Thank you, Azrail, for helping Athena. You should watch out for Kai. His father, Hayabusa, is a ninja who can disappear and reappear at any given moment. And he's really good with his katana. If Azrail wasn't there to save you, you could have gotten hurt." She says.

"Aunt Miya, do you know anything about Willow?"

"Yes, Willow. She is a very agile girl with crossbows, and she is almost impossible to hit. Just like her mother, she can move swiftly and attack you from all angles."

"She's on my side, Luckily." Azrail says.

"And I've got Kai." Athena replies, a determined look on her face.

"Good luck to the both of you. Azrail, we're here at your house. Athena and I will go back home."

"Sure, thanks for the ride Aunt Miya!" He exclaims, waving goodbye.

"You're welcome!"

He knocks on the door, and Granger opens it.

"Hi, son. How was your first day?" He asks.

"Pretty okay I guess. Willow and I are against Athena and Kai tomorrow."

"Oh. I see. In that case, sleep early so that you'll have a lot of energy tomorrow."

The next morning

Azrail woke up at 6:00 in the morning, to be greeted with a pancake breakfast. Stuffing his food into his mouth while Lilith and Azalea look at him in surprise, Athena's voice is heard from the outside.

"Azalea, Azrail? You guys done?"

"Yeah! Come on, slowpoke." Azrail says, shoving 1 huge pancake into Azalea's mouth.

"Mmmph mmpff!" She replies, in an inaudible way.

"You could have just told me to wait." Athena says, in the car.

"I'm just way too excited." He replies, looking at Azalea who struggles to swallow all the food.

"Can't wait to beat you up after this." She adds.

"We'll see about that."

Azrail and Athena were greeted with their sparring partners at the front gates.

Willow carried a bunch of papers and pencils to sketch out their plans. While Kai brought nothing but his katana.

"I have a plan in mind. Come on! Let's beat those swords men- and woman." She says, dragging him to the gardens.

Willow seemed to be very competitive for a grade.

"Okay. So you slow the two of them down with your magical bullets, and then I'll hit all their weaknesses and activate my Crossbow!" She exclaims, throwing the papers everywhere, scattering them around the grass.

Meanwhile, with Kai and Athena...

"You just knock them down and I'll finish them off. Not that difficult right?"

"But I'm practically useless..." she replies.

"That's the point. You're just a distraction."

"O-okay..."

That afternoon

"Okay. This is the long waited fight between Azrail and Willow, and Athena and Kai. BEGIN!" Mister Hanzo shouts, and Azrail follows the plan accordingly. He successfully manages to slow Athena and Kai down.

Aunt Miya was right. Willow really was agile. No matter how hard Athena tries to chase her, she was able to hit her without getting herself hurt.

"All their weaknesses have been revealed!" She shouts, facing Azrail.

"Then go! I'll just step away now..." he replies, hiding in the corner.

Willow's crossbow activates, and she hovers in the air, shooting at least 10 bullets every two seconds.

"Some attack speed." He murmurs.

It's only been 5 seconds, and Athena and Kai were already on the ground, tired.

"That decides it. Azrail and Willow win!" Hanzo shouts, ending the battle.

"Athena and Kai, B-. Azrail and Willow, A+. Class dismissed." He adds.

Kai groans because of the pain and looks over to Athena.

"I-I'm sorry. I w-was slowed down by A-Azrail's bullets..."

"Gosh, no wonder. Your dad probably died on purpose just to avoid spending time with a failure and burden like you."

"I-I'm not a burden, or a failure. HE DIED BECAUSE HE SAVED HIS FRIEND!" She screams back, on the floor due to her severe wounds.

Kai, who wasn't that injured compared to her, picked her up and grabbed her collar.

"Who taught you how to use a sword? If it was your dad, then he must have been bad at it." He replied, punching her on the face and throwing her to the wall. And, he stepped on Athena's sword and thus, breaking it into two.

Greatly affected by the words he just said, Athena does nothing and lets him leave.

"I told you...to never hurt her again. Did you forget that?" Azrail says, appearing behind him.

"No, I just chose to not follow it."

"That's it. You asked for this."

Azrail was about to deliver a swift punch to his stomach, but he blocks the punch and leaves, no one in his way this time.

"A-Athena...here are some bandages and some ointment...you'll be okay, just trust me." He tells her, letting her stand up and tries to stop the bleeding on her face, and the other wounds that Willow gave her.

Poor Athena couldn't even stand. She had to lean on him for support, and he was fine with that.

"Okay...so I bandaged up most of your wounds...how are you feeling?"

"I'm fine, physically." She replies, still crying.

Because Azrail heard the words that Kai told her, he decides to comfort her.

"You're not a failure...and you're not a burden...don't listen to the things he said because you're-"

"He...broke my sword..."

"W-what?" He stutters, looking behind him.

And there it was, Alucard's sword, in two pieces.

"H-how dare he..." Azrail mutters, angrily.

"This is all I have left of him...and he broke it..."

"We have to get you home. Aunt Miya must be looking for you."

"It's Tuesday. Mom goes grocery shopping at this time. We'll have to walk home..."

"My house is nearest, let's go there."

"Okay."

The two start their small hike back home. Azrail carried Athena's sword in one hand, and the other, was used to help Athena walk.

When they arrived at Azrail's house

"Athena? What happened to you-" Guinevere asks, but is cut off by Granger.

"Alu's sword..."