Chapter 45

For some reason, Guinevere couldn't bring herself to play the violin, even though she wanted to. So she just sat there, doing nothing.

She was quite thirsty, so she took the pitcher of water from the bedside table and poured herself a glass.

Still quite overwhelmed from last night, Guinevere couldn't think straight.

"Maybe if I get good sleep, my legs will stop hurting so much, and I can relax a bit."

She tried to sleep, but she felt...uncomfortable. It was like she was mad at him, but not mad at the same time. It was all so confusing.

"How am I supposed to feel toward-"

A knock interrupted her thoughts.

Luckily, Granger had a window right beside his bed that overlooked the front door.

It was just Miya.

Guinevere shouts through the window,

"Hello Miya! What are you doing here?"

"Just wanted to check on you!" She replied.

"I'm fine!" Guinevere yells back, not sure why she would know anyway.

"Don't say that, Granger came to Alucard's house today to pick him up, and he told us that you guys did 'the thing'." She says, using air quotations.

"Gosh, why does he have to tell everyone?" Guinevere mumbles.

"Anyway, Miya, you can come in. The door is unlocked." She adds.

Miya does so, and opens the door to Granger's room after a few minutes.

"How are you feeling?" She asks.

"Horrible."

"Really? Why?"

"Everything hurts. And I feel kinda mad at him for some reason."

"Probably because he didn't ask permission properly." Miya says.

"True. Anyway, about you and Alucard, are you gonna do it too?" Guinevere asks, an annoying smirk plastered on her face.

"Are you okay Guin? First of all, we're not married yet. And second, never. Only Lunox knows when he'll propose."

"Oh so you're expecting him to?"

"What? No! If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't..."

"You'll cry." She says.

"No- Well...yeah."

"Don't worry Miya, I know Alucard loves you so much, and who knows? Maybe he'll propose."

"You really think he will?"

"Of course! If he doesn't, then he's mentally unstable."

"Nice."

The two females burst into laughter.

"Guin, when you're feeling better, do you want to go to my house? I can invite Alu and Granger over for dinner too."

"That would be a great idea!"

"Fantastic. I better go now, Alucard and Granger are dismissed at the same time today. Namely, 3:30. I'm supposed to cook snacks for him or something, 'cause that moron can't cook. The last time he did, he burned half of my kitchen."

Miya gets up, and hands Guinevere a small rectangular box. She whispers, "Use it tomorrow or a few days from now."

She was confused, because she didn't know why in the world would Miya give it to her. So she just kept it in Granger's jacket pocket, not questioning anything, to bring it back to her room when her legs stop hurting.