Chapter 49

Miya approaches them and says, "Dinner's ready!"

The three walk to the dining table and take a seat.

Tonight's dinner was fish stew.

Guinevere ate happily, and Granger told her to slow down a bit. He began to feel a little concerned because of her skipping meals frequently. But he decided to not talk to her about it on front of Miya and Alucard to respect her privacy.

They all engaged in different kinds of conversations. But Guinevere , stayed quiet for some reason. Miya looked at her and said, "How are you now, Guin?"

"I'm doing great, thank you for asking." She replies, smiling. However, Granger knew something was wrong.

"Hey Guinevere, anything bothering you?"

"No, not at all."

He was aware that she was lying. It was so obvious. Guinevere was always bad at lying.

She got up and placed her dishes on the sink. Then walked to the living room to get her purse. She was just waiting for Granger to finish.

He noticed that and hurried up.

"Thanks for the dinner, Miya! We'll be going now." Granger says.

"You're welcome! Stay safe!"

Closing the door, Granger immediately starts talking.

"Why have you been skipping meals lately? It's very concerning, you know."

"I just...don't feel hungry. Then during the next meal, I'm starving." Guinevere explains, her head down, looking at her own feet.

He didn't know how to make her feel better anymore. O course, he can't give up on her. He loves her, after all.

They walked in complete silence.

Granger tried his best to make the situation less awkward by talking to her and asking her some questions.

But it ended up as a one-way conversation.

Once they reached home, he opened the door for her and she went in and said, "I'll go arrange my books upstairs." Then she gathers all of her books.

You see, Granger bought her a huge bookshelf a few weeks back, so she must place her books there.

Guinevere makes her way to her room and he hears her close the door, gently.

He decides to just relax for a while.

Granger expected her to come down after at least 10 minutes to just sit beside him, but she didn't.

So, he thought that it would be nice if him to help her arrange books, so he too went upstairs and opened the door to her room.

It was dark inside, but he could clearly see her lying down, fast asleep already. Granger looks around, and there were piles of books all over the floor. He thought that she would be done by now, but she wasn't.

She was holding something in her hand, and she was obviously crying before falling asleep.

Granger takes a look at it and his eyes widen in shock.

"Guin, tell me you're joking."