Chapter 55

"Bye, Guin!"

"Bye!" She replies, mouth full.

Just a few minutes after he left, Guinevere sees Miya's pastel blue car pull up on the driveway.

"Hi, Miya! Come in!" She shouts from the dining room.

She does so, and asks Guinevere something.

"So, what do you want to do today?"

"I don't know, Granger says that we'll go to the hospital later to get an ultrasound."

"Ooh, I'm hoping it's a girl."

"Not gonna lie, I don't mind if it's a girl or a boy, as long as the child is healthy."

"True, but still hoping it's a girl." Miya whispers.

"You can hope all you want, but I'm not going to argue with you."

"Very well."

Guinevere takes a book from the downstairs bookshelf, since Granger had to get her a new shelf since she placed the books everywhere. On the table, even on his bedside table.

She decides to just read until he gets back. Miya does the same, but she takes a longer time to look for a suitable book.

"Guin, do you have any romance themed books?"

"Yes, they're over there." She says, pointing to one area in the bookshelf.

Guinevere walks to the fridge, where Granger already made her 'mustard ice cream'

Time skip, to when Granger comes home.

"Should we get going Guin?" He asks.

"Yeah." She replies.

Miya drives the two to the hospital, where she'll just wait until they're finished.

"I'm gonna be completely honest with you, Princess. I want it to be a girl."

"That's what Miya said."

"And maybe it will be a girl."

"Gosh, I don't mind if it's a girl or a boy."

Finally, it's their turn.

Guinevere and Granger enter the doctor's office, where he lets Guinevere lie down on a small bed and begins the ultrasound, moving the scanner around her stomach. While Granger just calmly watched beside her.

"Guinevere Baroque, you have-"