Chapter 48

Granger pointed out that he didn't need to buy more books, because he could just read from Guinevere's pile.

"Alright then." She says, putting all of the books on the counter.

The cashier calmly checks the books because this was the second time Guinevere did this.

"Here you go." Guinevere hand over gold coins to the cashier. She nods and accepts the payment.

On the way home, Guinevere carried all the books, while Granger just looked at her doing so with ease.

He was still so confused as to why she could possibly carry so much.

Granger opened the front door for her, then she gently laid dow all the books on the coffee table. She then carefully arranged them by genre and size.

"Why must you be so organized?" He asks.

"It's just pleasing to the eye." She replies.

Tired from just walking, he decides to sit down.

"Tired already?"

"Well, yes. I had to chase you all the way to the bookshop."

"Mhm." She nods, already beginning to read.

That day, Guinevere didn't stop reading. Not even for lunch, and she didn't even ask for food or water. Granger was concerned, for she started reading at 7:00 in the morning and it was now 5:30.

Suddenly, he remembered Miya's invitation.

"Guinevere, we're gonna be late for dinner!"

This time, it was his turn to drag her around.

"Why are we in a rush?" She asks, oblivious to what was happening around her.

He snatches the book from her and places it down on the table.

"Stop reading for a while. Remember Miya's invitation?"

"Oh yeah..."

By this time, they were already out the door and walking. Guinevere was the only one who knew Miya's address since she told her during her visit.

It wasn't that far, it was only a few blocks away from Alucard's house.

They ring the doorbell and Miya answers it.

"Good evening you guys! Come in!"

Her house was very modern looking. The walls were black and white with a few streaks of light blue.

She had marble counters and stairs, and she was busy cooking her food while Alucard was busy watching tv.

"You should take a seat for a while. Dinner will be ready in about fifteen minutes." She says.

So the two sit beside Alucard, and proceed to talk to him.

"So, I heard you burned down Miya's kitchen huh?" Granger asks, making him jump in surprise.

"Yes..." He replies.

"How did it happen?" Asks Guinevere, about to burst into laughter.

"I was trying to cook her some pancakes for breakfast as a surprise, but I was too busy reading a magazine that I forgot about it. Then the pancake burned and caught fire. I instantly panicked, and screamed into Miya's bedroom. 'You're kitchen's on fire!' She immediately got up and ran downstairs. When she got there, half of the kitchen was already burned. Good thing she had a fire extinguisher nearby, so she grabbed that and fixed the whole entire problem. Now, she has one in the kitchen that's labeled: Alu, did you cook again?"

He points to it.