№42|Shelter From The Flames

Start from the beginning

“He paid her bail.” Cruella sighed, shaking her head.

“Of course he did,” Bexley sighed deeply, “you know Cruella, if Catania gets too much we have an opening for a fashion designer here at Muse Couture.”

“I don't know, Bexley…”

“Why don't you just design something for my new spring line, if you like working here then the job is yours. If not, it’ll always be here when you want it.” Bexley said, smiling at Cruella.

“I’ll think about it,” Cruella nodded slightly, “but right now I have to run your sister errands. It’s a pleasure to meet you, Bexley.”

Delany handed her the box of doughnuts, “to remember us by.”

Cruella held one of the doughnuts in her mouth, “trust me, I will never-”

Suddenly, her phone rang, she picked it up to hear Hex rambling, “okay, Hex, slow down. What happened?”

“Salis burnt down Eloise’s school!”

°•. ✿ .•°

Julius and Ivanka practically leaped out of the car, rushing to the scene of the fire, “where’s Levi?”

“I don't know, we can't find Eloise anywhere either.” Diane began to worry as she and Gabriella scanned through the kids that rushed out of the building.

“I can't see Levi,” Ivanka’s voice was filled with worry.

“I’m going in there,” Gabriella took off her jacket, rushing towards the firery entrance, but the firemen blocked her.

“Excuse me, miss, but you can't enter, it’s dangerous.”

Gabriella chuckled cockingly, “dangers my middle name,” she tried to push past them but they weren’t letting her through, “my daughter could be burning alive in there!”

“We’ll handle it!”

“Just let me save her!”

Suddenly, a large trail of smoke flew out of one of the broken windows, the trail lending to the ground. Once the smoke cleared, it was revealed to be a burnt Levi wrapping his griffin wings around a burnt Eloise.

“Eloise!”

“Levi!”

Levi coughed hard, “is she...okay?”

“Eloise isn't as burnt as you are, your wings must have shield her from the flames.” Diane smiled, trying to grab hold of Eloise but Levi held her tighter.

“Awe,” Ivanka cooed, “he doesn't want to let her go.”

“Levi,” his father shook Levi slightly, “come one, you need to get healed by Diane.”

“Take them back to Emmanuel’s base, I’ll heal them there.” Diane stated as they drove back to the base, the entire time Levi didn’t let go of Eloise.

Julius chuckled, watching his son from the rear view mirror, “you care a lot about her huh, Levi?”

“Hm?” Levi looked up at him, “yeah…” Levi smiled, stroking her hair, “she’s really special, pa.”