№40|Guess Who's Back!

Start from the beginning

“I’d rather die.” Cruella smiled fakely.

“Well that’s not very nice,” Catania placed her hands on her hips, “soul manipulation!” her hands glowed purple as she directed it towards Cruella, pulling her body towards her, “now that I’m back, there’s gonna be some rule changes around here. Starting with your attitude!”

Cruella screamed in pain as Catania used her soul manipulation to twist Cruella’s arm, “you need to remember who’s in charge, Cruella!”

“Stop it!” Hex tried to get to Cruella but Catania threw him back into the wall.

“You thought you could get rid of me, Cruella, well think again! You thought that I was hard on you before? Oh no, this time around, it’ll be way worse than before.” Catania dropped Cruella before leaving.

“We start at 6am sharp tomorrow,” she looked back at Cruella, an evil smirk on her face, “don't be late.”

°•. ✿ .•°

“AGH!” Cruella yelled as Diane popped her arm back in her socket, “warn me when you do it next time!”

“Sorry,” Diane whimpered.

“It’s alright,” Cruella sighed, rubbing her arm, “thank you.”

“You’re welcome.” Diane smiled, leaving the room.

Cruella looked at her designs, “this was going to be the first one I put in the boutique,” she trailed her fingers over the flowers on the dress, “those japanese cherry blossoms were supposed to be for my mother.”

“Does she like cherry blossoms?” Hex asked, resting his chin on her shoulder.

“It’s a memento of my first day in New York,” Cruella smiled, thinking back to the beautiful day.

“Mom! Look!” Cruella pointed up to the cherry blossom trees that lined central park, “they’re so beautiful!”

“Yes they are,” Glinda picked up Cruella so she could touch the cherry blossoms, “they only bloom during the summer here and in New York.”

Cruella’s eyes sparkled with wonder, as her little childlike hands danced along the cherry blossom petals, “they’re so pretty.”

“They’re my favorite flower, wanna know why Cruella?” Glinda asked, Cruella shook her head, “cherry blossoms represent renewal in Japanese culture.”

“Renewal?” Cruella tilted her head, “what does that mean?”

“It’s meant to make like new,” Glinda tapped her nose, “cherry blossoms represent the new times to come. Now that your gonna be in New York, this is gonna be a whole new start for you.”

“You’ll be here too right mommy?” Cruella whimpered.

“No, Cruella, I won't,” Glinda sighed, shaking her head, “but you’ll be staying with my best friend and her daughter Diane until you’re old enough to get your own place.”

“I don't want you to leave, mommy!” Cruella sobbed into her shoulder.

“I don't want to leave you either but I have to,” Glinda heard tears in her eyes as she wiped her daughter’s own tears, “but you will never be alone, Cruella.”