№40|Guess Who's Back!

Start from the beginning

“What do you mean I lost the boutique?!” Cruella slammed her hands down on the counter, the woman behind it shivered.

“We-Well, a lad-lady cam-came in this mor-morning with a fu-full downpayment.” the woman explained, cumblind under Cruella’s hard gaze.

“I’ve been saving up every penny for this boutique! Come on, can’t you do some legal stuff and make her go away?” Cruella pleaded, the woman shook her head.

“That’s not how it works, Cruella,” she sighed, “I would love to give you the boutique but it’s out of my hands!”

“Who was the other lady?” Cruella lowered her head, “can you at least tell me that?”

She scanned her finger down the page, “Catania, that’s her name.”

Cruella’s eyes turned pink, “that bitch!” it sounded like both Cruella and Alvarez were speaking at the same time, “she knew how much this meant to me!”

The woman rushed out of the empty store, trying to avoid Cruella’s rage.

The little bell on the door dinged, indicating that someone was coming into the store, Cruella’s eyes darted for the door to see Hex out of breath.

“Damn...you run fast when your mad…” Hex heaved, his hands on his knees.

“Hex, what are you doing here?” Cruella wiped her tears.

“I knew this would be the first place you go when you need to calm down,” Hex held her hands, “it’s the boutique, remember on our first date you said one day this place will be filled with Designs by DeVille.”

Cruella nodded, smiling up at him, soon frowning, “but now it’s Catania’s…”

“Hey, hey, hey,” He kissed her cheek, trying to kiss the tears away, “didn’t I promise that when you’re with me you’ll never cry again.”

Cruella nodded once more. Hex kissed her lips, “exactly,” he lifted her onto the counter, Cruella giggled, “you know what would really stick it to Catania?”

“What?” she wrapped her arms around him.

“If we did it in her soon to be store.” Hex wiggled his eyebrows.

“Yeah, I don't think so.” Catania’s voice made Cruella hiss, holding Hex close.

“Mine.” she growled.

“Oooo, fancy,” Catania cooed, rolling her eyes, “looks like the little puppy is a full grown mutt now. How cute.”

“How’d you get out of jail?” Cruella questioned, looking at Catania suspiciously.

“On good behavior.” Catania smiled brightly.

Cruella scoffed, “as if.”

“Yeah I didn’t buy it either,” Catania scoffed, walking closer to Cruella and Hex, “a man named Salis came and paid my bail.”

“Of course he did.” Hex glared daggers at the former prisoner.

“So,” Catania clasped her hands together, “Cruella, aren’t you excited to work for me again.”