fifty-two

This chapter is based off of The Vampire Diaries Season 3 Episode 1

Chapter 52

4 months later

Vermont

Harry

A lady steps out of her house and calls for her dog. "Is that her?" I ask.

"One of them, yes." Dalia says, "Now go do what I told you to do."

I nod and walk out from the bushes as the lady still calls for her dog. When she sees me I startle her and cause her to jump.

"Sorry, ma'am I didn't mean to scare you," I say forcing a fake American accent.

"Can I help you?" She asks.

"Yeah, my car ran out of gas a couple of miles back. I feel like I've been walking forever yours is the first house I come to so I was just hoping I could use your phone?" I ask.

"Don't you have a cellphone?" She asks.

I smile and pull my phone out of my pocket, "Yeah, it's dead. Look I promise I'm not a serial killer I just want to use your phone."

"Sure," She nods.

"So, I can come in?" I ask. Dalia's rule is that we only kill inside a person's home if we are invited in.

"No, I'll get the phone and I'll bring it out to you." She says.

I sigh in annoyance, "I thought you Vermont folk we supposed to be more trusting."

"Well I'm from Florida." She says.

"Well that explains it," I say and quickly walk over to her. With one arm I grab her from behind and with the other I grab her from the throat.

"Now show me a little hospitality, may I come in?" I ask.

"Y-Yes" She struggles to get out because she's so frightened.

She leads me into the house, Inside the house I hear someone in the kitchen cooking with pans.

"You know I bet you a hundred dollars that dog ran away to a house who has heating." Whoever is in the kitchen says.

I follow the voice, still having the first girl in my grip. When we enter the kitchen the girl who I heard was cooking setting a pan on the stove. When she turns around, she too jumps just like the other girl did.

"What's going on?" The second girl asks. She seemed braver than the other girl.

"Please don't be alarmed. I am where you knew Ester?"

"She was like a second mother to us, why do you need to know?" The second girl asks.

"If you know who Ester is you probably know who Dalia is."

When I say the name Dalia, fear sets into the second girls eyes and she begin to run out of the kitchen and towards the door. Still having ahold of the first girl I walk out of the kitchen and follow the girl who tried to run only to be stopped by Dalia at the door frame of the front door.

"Now if the two of you answer one simple question everything will go smoothly." Dalia says walking into the house she walks to the girl I have by the neck, "Where's your son? I'm told he still lives here?"

"He's almost never here. He's on the road mostly," The girl I'm holding says.

"But always comes back to visit his mother, where is he?" I ask.

"He's most likely at a bar called Southern Comfort, It's on Highway 41." The second girl gives up.

"Thank you, now Harry kill that one quickly," Dalia says looking at the one I'm holding and then looks to the other girl, "And make that one suffer. I'll be in the car."