forty-two

Chapter 42

Cat

“So Dalia, she is still alive?” Sammy asks. 

“Well I didn’t killer – I don’t think I did.” Caleb says. 

“That’s why we need to take precautions; I mean if she is alive she could be coming after Cat.” Louis says. 

“And why does she want Cat?”  Sam asks. 

“She takes the first born child from each generation. So for example if Rebekah were to have two kids, she would take the first born. That would go the same for all of us. And if Cat decides to have a child and Dalia is still around she would take her first born.” Caleb explains. 

“This is one messed up family,” Sammy says, “So Dalia didn’t know about me? But if she did how would she decide?” 

“I don’t think she did. But she would choose whoever was born first no matter the time difference,” Kol says, “Who would that be?” 

“Me by thirty seconds.” Sammy says. 

“Therefore she didn’t know about you.” Rebekah says. 

“Now anymore questions?” Niall asks. 

“No I think I’m good for now,” Sammy says getting up, “But I need to get going now.” 

“What? No, you can’t leave.” I say and feel my eyebrows knit together. 

“Cat my kids should be getting home from school by now, I need to go home.” He says which makes me choke on the air.

“You have kids?” I ask. 

“Yes a son and daughter.” 

“What are their names?” I ask. 

“Carmen is my daughter and my son is Stefan,” He says. 

Tears form in my eyes with knowing I actually have a niece and nephew. When Charlie died I thought that was it for me, no little kids of my brother would come up to me calling me Aunt. 

“And you’re married?” I ask. 

“For three years, her name is Jo.” 

“Ca-Can I met them?” I ask. 

“Cat, you can’t go out there without one of us.” Harry says. 

“Then let’s all go.” I suggest. 

“That’s a little dangerous don’t you think?” Liam asks, “All being in a group out in the open?” 

“Then Caleb can go with me, he deserves to see his grandchildren. Rebekah is their Great Aunt and Kol is their Great Uncle. They should come too.” 

“Alright fine, you can go if its alright with your brother, he hasn’t exactly said yes yet.” Harry comments. 

“Um, just don’t kill them,” Sam says. 

I begin to walk out the door following everyone else but Harry pulls my arm stopping me. “Are you sure you want to go? Just two or three hours ago the voices were driving you crazy. And I won’t be there to help.” 

“I’ll be fine Harry.” I say. 

“Then why do you look so worried?” He asked. I didn’t realize that I was worried until he mentioned it.