ten

"I keep my demons around. So that one day an angel will come save me."

Benjamin Vehabovic

 Chapter 10

Harry pulled up to a familiar old, beaten down building. 

"Harry, why are we here again? This place is disgusting." I complained. Harry chuckled in response. 

"Cat, Caleb knows where every single one of us lives. I'm pretty sure he doesn’t know about this place." He said. 

"So, we're basically living here in this dump now?" 

"Don't be calling it a dump just yet." He said getting out of the car. I felt my eyebrows knit together in confusion as I followed him to the building. He punched in the code on the keypad. It made a beeping sound then the red light went to green. He held the door open for me. I thanked him and walked inside. 

I was quite shocked when I saw the inside. It had brand new hard wood floors, new stone walls and furniture. It looks like it had furniture from Harry's apartment.

"Yup, it sure is a dump isn't?" Harry said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes at his comment. I walked over to the black leather couch. I ran my hand across frame of the sofa. The leather fabric on the corner was slit revealing the padding and foam in the couch. I don't remember that being there when I was at his apartment. 

"Harry where did this come from?" I asked, my hand still over the slit in the leather. 

"There was a microphone in there. I noticed it a couple days ago." Harry explained. I nodded. 

"Do you want to see your room?" Harry asked. I looked at him confused. "Caleb was roaming around your neighborhood, sooner or later he's going to find your apartment and do who knows what. It's safer to have you here." 

I sighed, "Sure, why the hell not." My voice sounded annoyed and mad, which I didn't mean it to sound like that. 

"Listen I'm sorry I brought you into this. Things were not as bad as before." He said. His tone was sincere and he looked like he meant his apology. Guilt hit me. 

"Sorry, I didn't mean to sound annoyed. Let's go see my new room shall we?" I said changing the subject. He smiled and led me down the hallway to the same door I was put in the first time I was here. 

He opened the door and stepped aside to let me go in first. I walked in and there wasn't cement floors or walls anymore. Dark hardwood floors are below me and white painted walls around me. I remember when I first went in here; when it was cement floors and walls. I felt cold and this room gave me chills. It was so unpleasant to be in. Although now, it feels warm and welcoming. The mattress was replaced by a comfy looking bed. It had a white confronter, white sheets and white pillows. The bedside table that used to be a cardboard box was now a white bedside table. It had three small drawers from top to bottom. On top of the table side was a small lamp. There were two sliding doors on the side of the room that had been there before but the white paint on the doors was half chipped off. The doors were now freshly painted with new handles. I assume that's where the closet is. On the opposite side of the closet was a white dresser with different shapes of drawers. It looked like an old antique.

"Sorry there isn't much in here." He says while I'm looking around my new room. I shake my head, "No Harry this is fine. It'll do." I reassure him with a smile.

"Annabelle said she would go to your apartment and get your clothes. She wants to know if you would like her to bring anything else of yours back here?" He said. I nod thinking of anything I might need.