twenty-five

a/n - very important

so I decided for the next couple of chapter I'm going to be focusing more on Cat's family life then love and friendship life. I'm also thinking of doing a prequel to this book. It will be about Caleb finding the boys and boys' past life. It's going to be called Runaways. It will be up very soon. 

and this first paragraph I got from The Originals first episode and this are quotes directly from Elijah also. 

Chapter 25

E L I J A H

Over the course of my life, I have come to believe that we are bound forever to those who we share blood, and while we may not choose our family, that bond can be our greatest strength or our deepest regret. The bond of family blesses us with power, but we all must expect what comes with it. It gives us a responsibility to love without condition; without apology. We can never waver from that bond even, when it is tested. The bond nourishes us, gives us strength. Without that power, we are nothing. 

 "Caleb you’ll have to give her time." I say, "You haven't exactly been a nice person to her over the past months." 

"That's the thing. I've been a horrible man to my own daughter." He says. 

"You didn't know at the time. But right now you can start to fix it Caleb. You shouldn't be talking to me about this. You should be talking to Cat. And I know you weren't the best father for Chrissy." I remind him. 

"Please, she wasn't my daughter; she was just crazy enough to believe I was." 

"And how did she treat you?" 

He sighed, "Like a father." 

"And how did you treat her?" 

"I used her." He said.

"Thinking about it now, do you feel good about it?" 

"No, she just wanted a father and I was never one to her." 

"And now you have another chance. Don't mess this up anymore then you already have." I say before walking away. 

C A T 

I haven't talked to Harry since Elijah called Harry telling him about my nightmares. The nightmares stopped when Harry told me I was going to be okay. It was weird that him just telling me that the nightmares would stop made them stop. He has this power over me that I can't explain. It's like the feeling of trust but something else I can't quite exactly name. 

I have decided not to tell Harry that Caleb is my father because I'm afraid that he might treat me differently. He might not want me around if I Caleb and I share the same blood. But it’s only a matter of time that I will have to tell him, Anabelle and the boys. I just hope it's not anytime soon. 

Caleb has been honestly really sweet to me lately. It's weird to think he actually has a sweet side. I can tell he really wants to be a good father. Sometimes I let him but then I remember all the things he has done. And I can't let go of the fact that he has killed so many people. 

Since I've been here for weeks I haven't left the house and I really want to. I've always wanted to visit New Orleans and here I am only I'm locked up in a house. I've asked Elijah multiple times if I could go and walk around but he gives me the same excuse; it's not safe. I am honesty so tired of hearing the phrase. I heard it multiple times from Harry and now I hear it from Elijah.