two

Curiosity

"However vast the darkness we must supply our own light." 

Stanley Kubrick

Chapter 2

"What do you guys want with me?" I asked Niall. He was walking me down a hall where a bunch of other room were. 

"We need your help with something’s. We’re in some deep shit." 

"But why choose me?" I asked finally looking at him. His eyes meet mine and we kept walking. 

"You're smarter than most of your other workers. You could help us." He said. 

Help them with what? How was I smarter then all of my other co-workers?

"Alright you'll be staying here for now." Niall said as we stopped at a room. Niall untied the string around my wrist.

"Oh Cat, I need your phone." Niall spoke. I sighed pulling out my phone from my back pocket. I turned around to Niall handing it to him. 

"It better not be broken when I get it back." I warned. 

Niall chuckled, "Don't worry there won’t be a scratch." 

He smiled one last time before shutting the door. 

I looked around the room. It was absolutely abominable. Cement walls and floors made the room feel cold and bitter. There were spider webs in the corners of the walls, so much dust on the floor, there was an old and rickety single mattress on the floor, and card board box that I believe is supposed to be a bedside table. There were dirty, old white sheets on the mattress and an pillow with yellow stains on it. 

There is no way in hell I'm sleeping here. 

My hand rested on my hip as I walked to the door. 

I twisted it seeing if it was locked; it wasn't. I opened the door walking back into the hallway. I walked back the way Niall had taken me.

I could hear faint talking as I walked. As I kept walking it got louder and louder. I was now reaching the area where I had met Zayn and Louis. 

It sounds like the five of them were talking about something important. Should I eavesdrop and see if I can get some answers or interrupt them? 

"I don't understand. Why do we need her?" A girl's voice spoke. That was Annabelle. 

"There's something about her that gives me this feeling that we can get out of this deep hole we dug." Harry spoke. 

"What's that something?" Zayn asked. 

"I don't know." Harry said. 

"What are we going to do about Caleb?" Liam said. 

"We just try and stay hidden." Harry said. 

I stepped a tiny bit forward and the floorboard underneath me creaked. Shit. 

The talking had stopped after the noise. I heard walking coming towards me and Harry walked around the corner facing me. 

"Well, we have a noisy Cat don't we." He smirked. 

"I'm not staying in that room. It's disgusting." I said ignoring his remark. 

"Sorry last time I checked I don't run a 5 star hotel." He said sarcastically. 

"Have you not seen that room? There not even really a bed! It's a god damn mattress with dirty sheets!" I yelled. 

"Alright let's go." He said grabbing my wrist. He pulled me walking towards the door. 

"What? Wait where are we going?" I asked scared. Was he going to take me somewhere to kill me? 

"You don't want to stay here do you?" He asked, still walking towards the door.

"Yeah but there is no way in hell I'm going anywhere alone with you." I side crossing my arms over my chest.  

"Babe, you’re gonna be with us for a while might as well get to know us." He smirked at me. I rolled my eyes. I could hear the boys and Annabelle trying to keep from laughing.

"Let's go now." Harry said. His voice was much more serious. It startled me to be honest. I gave in following his to wherever he was taking me.

I followed his outside to a black van.  I get into the passenger seat, looking out the window as he starts the car.

"You’re not going to get away with this you know that right?" I finally spoke; my attention was still focused on the passing scenery as we drove. 

"Get away with what?" He asked. 

"Kidnapping me, killing three girls and anything else you've ever done." I said. 

"I don't think so. I'm going to be one step ahead of everyone." He said. He's words made my heart beat increase its speed. What was he planning on doing? What was their plan? What do I have to do with this? The more information he told me the more curious I got. I'm pretty sure my questions are going to eat my mind up if I don't get some answers.

"What's going on?" I asked turning to him. 

"I'll explain later. For now stop asking questions just enjoy the ride." He said, his eyes were on the road. 

"How can I just enjoy the ride when you've basically kidnapped me with a bag over my head and rope around my wrist may I add, you killed three girls and you expect me to sit back and relax? Usually I'm on top of things; I know what's going on. But now I've never been so confused in my entire life! I need answers now Harry." My tone was stern. 

Something about him just pisses me off. I think it's the nerve he has an dhow calm he is  about everything. I don't know how to explain how much he irritates me. 

Harry didn't reply he just kept driving. About ten or fifteen minutes later we stopped at a large apartment building. Harry got out of the car, me doing the same. I followed him inside to the brick apartment building. It looked more nicer inside; somewhat like a hotel. I followed him into the elevator. He hit the third button and the doors closed. 

"Look I know you’re pissed at me, but I'll explain everything later." Harry said. He actually sounded sweet for a second. He's so bipolar. It irritates me so much. 

The elevator opened with a ding and Harry took the lead heading to his room. We reached room 302 and he pulled out his keys from his pocket. He unlocked the door and we walked in. His apartment was quite clean to my surprise. His apartment had white hardwood floors and white walls. The furniture was all black. It was pretty modern. 

"Alright sit." He said pointing to the black leather couch. 

I sat down and he opened his mouth to speak. 

 Gif of Cat speaking to Harry on the side