forty-three

Chapter 43

Cat

“What exactly do we need? We don’t exactly have a grocery list,” I say looking at Harry in the driver’s seat.

“Well we need food and money.”

“Money? Harry I thought we were just getting food?”

‘’Relax Cat, I’ll get the money, you just go and get some food.” Harry says.

“What store are we going too exactly?” I ask.

“We’re going to a gas station. The boys and I have robbed every store in a five mile radius so gas stations are our next option,”

“And what do we need the money for?” I ask.

“We’re running low on ammunition,” He says.

“And we can’t rob a gun store?”

“No, the gun store we go to, we made a deal with the owner. He wouldn’t call the cops as long as we paid for the guns, bullets, and any other type of weapons,” Harry explains.

“So how exactly do I steal?” I ask.

“Well you just take things, I’ll be distracting the cashier, and cause a scene in the front of the station while you go and steal food,”

“But what if the cameras catch our faces?”

“That’s what these are for,” He says reaching over by me and opening the glove compartment. He pulled out two large bandanas.

I laugh, “We are seriously going to wear these?”

“What wrong with them? Bandanas are amazing and they keep the cops from recognizing me,”

“Can’t you can Louis and tell him to cut off the security camera’s.” I ask.

“He will as soon as we get there. It just covers us well enough so any of the suspects who get asked by the police what they look like; they won’t be able to describe us very well.”

“And you promise you won’t hurt anyone?” I ask.

“Else someone tries to hurt me; I guarantee no one will get hurt.” He says.

There should be a gun in the glove department and another behind my seat in the pouch,” Harry tells me, “Get them out please, we’re going to need them.”

I reach in the back and grab the gun in Harry’s chair and grab the one in the glove department. When Harry pulls into the parking lot I hand him his gun. Harry’s phone rings twice then stops, “Alright that means Louis shut the cameras are off, let’s go.”

Harry and I get out of the car and he takes me to the trunk. He hands me a black wool and long top coat and I put it on and place the gun in one of the long pockets. “There should be a door on the very far left side in the back of the gas station, take the food out there and set it there. We’ll go back and get it.” Harry tells me, “You need to go in first so it doesn’t look suspicious. I’ll give you twenty seconds to get to the back over by the food before I come in. You’ll have probably a total of five minutes before we need to get out of here alright?”

“Okay,” I nod and start walking towards the gas station. I let myself in and bells above the door ring. It didn’t seems like there were many people in here. There was the cashier behind the checkout and he seemed to be the only worker. There was a customer checking out and then a man and wife just walked down one of the isles.