thirty-seven

Chapter 37

Niall

“Where’s Annabelle?” Lauren says when we walk into the room.

Hearing her name brought back memories, memories that I don’t want to relive because it reminds me that my best friend; my cousin is dead.

“She didn’t…” Lauren says connecting the dots, “Oh my god. Niall I’m so sorry.”

“She died so we would be safe, so I’d rather not mope over it,” I lie. That’s all I have been doing; grieving over her death.

“Well, what are we going to do about the three of you then?” Lauren asks directing it to our injuries.

“Malaya,” Liam says, “Cat’s friend, she can help us. She helped Harry and tried to help Kylie.”

“Do you know where she lives?” Louis asks

“I think so yes.”

“Then what are we waiting for? Let’s go.” Lauren says helping me out to the car because of my knee.

Cat

As Caleb checks Harry’s blood pressure, I stand there anxiously. If his blood pressure is low, something is seriously wrong and I would have to give him more blood. Caleb says that since he is passed out there is more of a high chance that there is internal bleeding, and if his blood pressure is low it confirms it.

Caleb lets out a sigh before talking the fabric off of his arm. “He needs more blood.”

When he said that I feel my heart skip a beat, “He’s bleeding somewhere then isn’t he?”

“I’m going to have to open him up, find the bleeding and stich it. But from the looks of it, since his stomach is distended, it’s probably in his stomach.”

“And the drink that Rebekah gave him, this is all happening from that?”

“I’m imagining that the drug that my sister gave him is a pill that Finn was trying to invent. It’s like a pill where if you take it, it attaches itself to your heart. And inside of the pill is like a control panel that someone has access to from the outside. Basically since Harry took the pill, Finn is deciding what is happening to him.”

“Finn is doing all of these things to him?”

“I think so yes. I think he manipulated Harry’s body to thinking he had been shot. And when he got shot one of the bullet’s fragments nicked one of his blood vessels causing the internal bleeding.”

“What if he doesn’t have the surgery?” I ask.

“Well, he dies.” Caleb replies.

“When I do the surgery, he can’t move – at all. If he does move during the surgery I’ll sever an artery and he'll be dead in minutes. I have to put him under. But if I do put him under he won’t be able to breathe on his own.”

“Then what do you need?”

“I need a respirator, the tube that goes with it, extra surgical supplies, and  sutures.” Caleb says.

“If you had all that, you could save him?” I ask.

“If I had all that, I could try.”

“And we don’t have any of those things here?”