six

"I loved her not for the way she danced with my angels, but for the way the sound of her name could silence my demons." 

Christopher Poindexter

Chapter 6

"Do you want to go back to your apartment?" I asked him when we were outside the office building. You could still notice by his face he'd been crying. His cheeks were red; his eyes were also red and puffy. 

"No I can't. He knows where I live now and he might bring his whole team to my house and kill me." He said. 

"Then, my apartment it is then." I said and he nodded at my statement. 

We continued walking in the direction of my apartment. Being in Boston has its perks and its flaws. The weather here is the worst. It's nothing like the weather back in Texas. Only in the summertime is it sunny. The sky is usually grey and depressing. There’s always the freezing, cold winds. It rains or snows most of the time here. 

Then again there’s the perks of me moving out here; I got away from the yelling that goes on at home, I'm finally free and can do whatever I want without being picked on by my brother, mom or dad. I guess you could say I'm living a good life; I have a neat apartment, a job that I enjoy and it pays well. 

A gust of wind blew making me shiver and cross my arms trying to make myself warm. 

"Here," Harry said. He stopped walking and took off his jacket and handed it to me. 

"No it's fine Harry. We're almost there." I said. 

"Take it." He gave me a small smile. I finally took it after being hesitant. I put the jacket on, which made me a bit warmer. 

We walked in silence the rest of the way to the apartment. It wasn't really an awkward silence, more of a satisfying silence. We took the elevator up to my floor, then walking down the hall to my door. I pulled out my key, unlocking the door. 

Harry made himself at home, taking a seat on my couch. I looked over at the clock seeing it was almost six at night.

"I'm going to go get some dinner. What would you like?" I asked. I could've decided to cook but after today I wasn't up to doing much work. 

"Well where are you going?" He asked. 

"Most likely McDonald's." I said. 

"Alright I'll have a Big Mac then." He replied. 

"Do you want fries?" I asked. He nodded his head yes. 

"What do you want to drink?" 

"I'll have a CocaCola." He said. 

"Alright I'll be back soon." I said. I grabbed my bag that was on the counter and my coat which was hung up on the coat hanger and wet out to my car. 

Harry's Pov

I sat on Cat's couch thinking. Why does this always happen to me. The people who I love or are close to all get hurt; because of me. Sometimes I even wonder I why I get close to anyone. I'm only putting them endanger and then I lose them. I lost my mom and dad. I feel like I'm about to lose my girlfriend. 

And for my sister? She absolutely hates me. She still believes I was the one that killed Mom and Dad. I was only in the same room when it happened. 

 I got up from the couch. I need to get my mind off of all of this stuff. I walked around Cat's apartment looking at the things she had. 

She had a pretty big apartment. It was really modern. She had two white couches that faced each other. In between the two couches was a clear coffee table. On top of the coffee table was a white vase with lilac flowers in it, there were some coaters, and some remotes for the television. The television was on the wall next to both of the white couches. It was a weird set up because the couches didn’t actually face the television. On the couches were decorative purple pillows with white designs on them. She had white hard wood floors.