twenty-four

This chapter may seem cliché to some of you so I apologize if it does. 

Chapter 23

Nights after nights I have nightmares. It's always the same one but it changes each time. Each time Caleb kills me in a different way. I end up screaming and Rebekah or Elijah come in but they don't help as much as Harry does. Since the conversation the first night and Rebekah telling me Caleb won't stop coming after me until I'm dead, the nightmares have been getting worse. Before the nightmares never went as far as me picking an object to end my life but now I do. Only each time there's always a different object replacing the last one I choose. 

When I finish getting dress I head downstairs for breakfast. Before entering the kitchen I hear Elijah talking on the phone. 

"She's been having nightmares ever since you've brought her here Harry." Elijah says. When he says Harry all I want to do is take the phone from his hands so I can talk to Harry and hear his voice. 

"What did you do to calm her?" He asked after a while. 

There was a pause before he talked into the phone again, "Well, there's no way I'm climbing in bed with her and I don't think Rebekah would do that either."

I hold back laughter from Elijah's statement. "Do you think you talking to her will help?" 

Yes. 

"Put it on speaker." I hear Rebekah say. 

When I hear Harry's voice I feel calm and happy. "No, I don't want her calling me, she'll just make me take her back here." 

"Harry, she wakes up screaming at one in the morning," Rebekah comments. 

"Yeah Harry just talk to her." I hear Niall in the back ground. 

When I hear Niall's voice I walk into the kitchen. "Can I talk to them please?" I say getting Rebekah and Elijah's attention. 

Elijah keeps the phone in his hand. Rebekah sighs in annoyance grabbing the phone from Elijah's hand and handing it to me, "This better shut you up at night." 

"Harry?" I put the phone up to my ear after turning it off speaker.

"Cat what's wrong?" He asks. 

"It's the same nightmares Harry," I say, "Only they're getting worse." 

"How worse Cat?" Louis asks. Obviously they're all in the room and it's on speaker. 

"He ends up killing me." 

"Who ends up killing you?" Elijah asks. 

"Caleb." I say to Elijah. Rebekah and Elijah glance at each other

"How often do you get them?" Annabelle asks. 

"Every night since the crime scene." I say. 

"Did Rebekah or Elijah say anything to you about him?" Harry asks. 

I look at Rebekah in front of me and decide not to tell her that her words are causing it. 

"One second," I say to the phone. 

"I'll be right back." I say to Rebekah and Elijah and they nod. I walk back up the stairs to my room with the phone. 

"I told Rebekah about him wanting to kill me. And she said that once he has his eyes on someone he wants dead he doesn’t stop until the person is dead." I say.